You ever count your new ammo??

This is a discussion on You ever count your new ammo?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I admit it....this is very trivial, but I was a little bored. I picked up a box of WWB, 9mm at Wally World the other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You ever count your new ammo??

You ever count your new ammo??

I admit it....this is very trivial, but I was a little bored.

I picked up a box of WWB, 9mm at Wally World the other night. Later at home, while working at my reloading bench, I opened the box and was surprised that there wasn't any thin cardboard dividers between the layers of cartridges. (Like there is in a box of WWB 45ACP.)

Then I looked at them and thought, "There isn't 100 rounds in there, looks like about 75, maybe."

So I counted them.

There were 101. Go figure.

PS- Yeah I know, I need to get a life.

Kev

2. Remove Ads

I have never counted but I once got a .40 in a box of 45's. It stuck out. could of been ugly!!!!
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Last line of "Rifle Creed" by Major General William H. Rupertus (USMC, Ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebmik View Post
    I admit it....this is very trivial, but I was a little bored.

I picked up a box of WWB, 9mm at Wally World the other night. Later at home, while working at my reloading bench, I opened the box and was surprised that there wasn't any thin cardboard dividers between the layers of cartridges. (Like there is in a box of WWB 45ACP.)

Then I looked at them and thought, "There isn't 100 rounds in there, looks like about 75, maybe."

So I counted them.

There were 101. Go figure.

PS- Yeah I know, I need to get a life.

Kev
    Nope. I imagine the boxes are filled and checked by weight. That's going to be pretty darn accurate. I suppose it's possible, but I'd be surprised to see one come up short.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

no but I got home with 900 primers once. Someone stole a pack from the case.
    -Biker

I admit did count once, bought 5 bx of Bullseye 40 ammo on clearance @ $12.00/bx of 100 rds. (Never again stuff was junk FTF city). Counted out the rounds, some boxes short some over by 1 or 2 but totaled 500, go figure.

I shoot a lot of 9mm WW white box - mostly ten rounds at a time ( Prod & SSP). I do get 101 rounds every so often. I have not notices less than 100 but I would say about 5% of the boxes have 101. Never had over 101.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Funny you mention it. I was bored while on hold the other day, so I counted the box of 9mm WWB sitting on my desk. It had 101 too.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    Funny you mention it. I was bored while on hold the other day, so I counted the box of 9mm WWB sitting on my desk. It had 101 too.
    Is that kinda like a baker's dozen?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

yea, last time I ordered an ammo case of 9mm, 1000 rds, I was bored and sat down to count them. NOT.

No I don't count my ammo, except when I am reloading, I count the empty cases when I start to make sure it fits into the plastic boxes when done.

Hey if your that bored, I got a lot of projects at the house that need be be done. Would sure make the wife happy since I am not getting to them very fast. I'll even count the ammo as I put it into the magazines before I shoot it for you.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I think that you will find that most suppliers will give you more of something then less. People will complain if they get less then stated. They never seem to complain if they get more. By giving extra dealers are more likely to get repeat buyers, that is how they make money, not cheating you.

VIP Member
    I counted a 100 rnd bow of WWB once.
    However, I open 50 rnd & shotgun shell boxes and look to see if it looks right, been stung and almost stung several times.
    May only have been a case of the box being dropped and rnds falling out or it could have been shop lifting.

VIP Member
    I guess some of the ammo must be coming loose in the box?

Everything I buy comes in boxes of 50 with the round holding plastic or Styrofoam so no counting is needed. I did count the boxes though and I have 43!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I guess some of the ammo must be coming loose in the box?

Everything I buy comes in boxes of 50 with the round holding plastic or Styrofoam so no counting is needed. I did count the boxes though and I have 43!
    With the WWB 100rd boxes, 9mm comes just loose in the box. 45ACP however comes arranged with 20 rounds on their side per layer, with a piece of cardboard between each layer. So it's immediately obvious if one is missing/extra, because they just barely fit in the box.

And speaking of counting them (again), I just opened a new box of 45 a couple hours ago sitting here at my desk. The 45 boxes are glued, unlike the 9mm, and as I was pulling the glued box top open, it came loose in my hand and I dumped all 100 rounds in the floor! I think I said a naughty word or two -- thankfully the grandkids in the next room didn't hear. Chasing all those rounds was fun, and I had to count them to make sure I had them all. I found 99 and thought I got shorted, but finally found #100 hiding under a flashlight.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Throw that last round out!
    It is a coward and probably won't fire when you need it most.
    Hiding under a flashlight.......what's next.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Yeah...the bulk ammo WWB 100 round value pack. No cardboard dividers, just dump them in...that's how they do it, and that's how you save money. Never counted mine, but I figure you got one that I got shorted on, or the machine goes by weight in the box, and you got some really light loads in that one. LOL!
    Enjoy that bonus round!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links