CCI Stinger

CCI Stinger

This is a discussion on CCI Stinger within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I'm sure we have many .22 shooters on here so I thought I would pass this on. I was just ordering some 7.62S ...

Thread: CCI Stinger

CCI Stinger

Hi guys,
    I'm sure we have many .22 shooters on here so I thought I would pass this on. I was just ordering some 7.62S at sportsmens guide yesterday and decided to take a look to see if I could get something else in my order worthwhile. I get the 10$ off coupons for $99 or more in my email and was at $94. I thought maybe I could throw some .22 in there for a few bucks to bring it up over 100 dollars to get the 10$ off. Anyways, they had CCI stingers on there for about $50 for 1000 ( or 2500 for 125). Considering I pay 6.00 plus tax at the local store for 50 rounds I was pretty psyched...Enough said.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Sounds like a deal to me...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Have you checked Wally world? I just picked up 550 rds of Federal 36g copper plated HP .22 LR for $15 this includes the tax. Are the CCI Stingers different than the ones I have or something?
    Stargzer
    MSgt, Ret. USAF
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargzer View Post
    Have you checked Wally world? I just picked up 550 rds of Federal 36g copper plated HP .22 LR for $15 this includes the tax. Are the CCI Stingers different than the ones I have or something?
    I buy the cheap federal, winchester, or remington in boxes of 500 or 550 for between 12 and 15 dollars too. However, CCI Stingers are much better ammo. I have used them on rabbits for years and they will pulverize a rabbit head in a hurry. Of course the regular .22 rounds kill them too, but with less panache. Stingers also tend to be more effecive on bigger stuff like bobcats, foxes and other pests.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Yeah. They are a bit better. I don't actually shoot them that often because I usually buy the 550 for 13.48. But, the stingers are faster and hit harder and I think are more reliable and cleaner. I don't care a whole lot when I'm putting tons of .22 downrange but I like to stock up on good ammo and the price for the stingers is lower than I have ever seen it. At 2.50 a box vs 6.00, I couldnt pass it up even if it sits in my closet for the next couple years. You def feel a difference in recoil when you shoot this stuff over lower velosity ammo.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I buy the cheap federal, winchester, or remington in boxes of 500 or 550 for between 12 and 15 dollars too. However, CCI Stingers are much better ammo. I have used them on rabbits for years and they will pulverize a rabbit head in a hurry. Of course the regular .22 rounds kill them too, but with less panache. Stingers also tend to be more effecive on bigger stuff like bobcats, foxes and other pests.
    Tnx SgtD for that tidbit of info. I guess I'll have to try a box or two of these Stingers. Sounds to me like they are a lot more potent. Cheers!
    Stargzer
    MSgt, Ret. USAF
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I used to use them a lot, too, but I had several cases rupture (in several different guns) so I shy away from them now. This was years ago when they first came out so maybe that has been addressed, but since I also get the desired results from the cheaper bulk ammo I don't bother with them any more. Picking "schrapnel" out of my funguns was unfun.
    I won't deny, though, they were quite impressive for a .22RF when I used them.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Bah, I upgraded the barrel on my 10/22, and apparently you can't run Stingers through a match chamber. I do have some CCI Velocitors though.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

The stingers is what Sig recommends for the mosquito!
    No problems yet, had 5 FTE on rem. so stingers it is from now on!
    500 rounds so far!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck brick View Post
    I used to use them a lot, too, but I had several cases rupture (in several different guns) so I shy away from them now.
    I won't deny, though, they were quite impressive for a .22RF when I used them.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    So CCI must be loading their Stingers hotter than the cheapies?
    Stargzer
    MSgt, Ret. USAF
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargzer View Post
    So CCI must be loading their Stingers hotter than the cheapies?
    Apparently. Also, the pieces I had to pick out - if I recall - weren't brass, but I couldn't tell you what they were. Like I said, that was many years ago when they first became available (30/35 yrs ++).

Stay safe,

ChuckBrick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

RimfireCentral.com - Hobby and Info Source For All Rimfire Caliber Ammo and Firearms

Everything you want to know about the 22lr, but were afraid to ask!!
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I have a vintage remington nylon 66 model 22LR and i have killed over 100 woodchucks over the years using ccI stinger ammo it shoots flatter than other brand ammo and the hp does a number on a good body or head hit from one of them at ranges up to 100 yds & never lost a chuck using one shot. great ammo for the price

I also used to use some ammo on rabbits that was made by Wincester in the mid 70's when I was a boy. IIRC they were called "expediters". They were high velocity hollow points with a nickel case and were very destructive on small game heads. I still have a few rounds somewhere in my .22 box I think. I would bet my dad still has a couple of boxes of them somewhere. I think the stingers may have come out to compete with them, but don't know for sure. Maybe that's just n my head, becuase the expediters were the first high vel ammo that I had ever heard of at the time?

In case ya'll can't tell, head shooting rabbits was a big family thing for us, becuase my mom and grandma loved to eat rabbits and my dad would have a fit if you "tore up the meat" by hitting them anywhere else.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Sponsored Links