German 7.62x51mm BattlePacks

This is a discussion on German 7.62x51mm BattlePacks within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a case of German DAG 93 7.62x51mm. This are the thin steel cased rds that I had read about on another forum. ...

Thread: German 7.62x51mm BattlePacks

Question German 7.62x51mm BattlePacks

I just bought a case of German DAG 93 7.62x51mm. This are the thin steel cased rds that I had read about on another forum. I've heard nothing but good things about this ammo and thought I had a steal at $500 per 1k. BUT I should have examined the unopened case more closely. The 5 battlepacks were inside a taped cardboard box. I hightailed it home to put it in the stash. The first thing i noticed upon opening the box was the smell of mildew. I inspected to ensure that the plastic was still intact on each of the BattlePacks and was pleased to see that they were. But something told me to inspect a little further. I opened one. The boxes all looked undisturbed. I opened one of the boxes to find that one 1 in 4 of the rounds had corrosion on spots of their cases, so I opened another to find the same thing! WTH!! Obviously somewhere down the line someone didn't store this ammo correctly. The rounds aren't completely corroded but they're some obvious suspect rds.

www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8627

Guys should I keep and fire them? Or should I drive the 45 mins back to the gun show tomorrow to demand my money back?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Were several of the boxes opened at the store, prior to completing the sale? If so, then I'd say it's a done deal as final approval was given. But if it turns out the outer seal wasn't able to be broken at the store and a good percentage of the lots are toast, then it sounds as though you've got a case to be made.

If the purchase was made via certain ccard, and if schlock was the result, you might be able to enlist their help if the vendor is a bit less than forthcoming.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'd make the drive, but be careful since you will be back at the gun show. You may walk out with more stuff
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

B52
    Post a pic of the corrosion, please.

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Post a pic of the corrosion, please.
    Charging my camera now.....

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Were several of the boxes opened at the store, prior to completing the sale? If so, then I'd say it's a done deal as final approval was given. But if it turns out the outer seal wasn't able to be broken at the store and a good percentage of the lots are toast, then it sounds as though you've got a case to be made.

If the purchase was made via certain ccard, and if schlock was the result, you might be able to enlist their help if the vendor is a bit less than forthcoming.
    They had an individual 20 rd box open on display along with several non-mildew smelling battle packs. On the strength of seeing that I purchased a case. The case was sealed in a cardboard box with the german addresses and the quantity of rds.

Links