Defensive Carry banner

HST in court.

5K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  BAC 
#1 ·
How do you think a jury would look at a case involving a civilian using Federal LE Tactical HST ammunition? Do you think the lawyers could make a case that you are using "too destructive" ammunition? I bought a box and plan on using it in my EDC, when my paper work goes through, but I wanted to know what yall thought.

#35 ·
I for one think a lot of people do get to hung up on ammo selection when it relates to self defense. I think YOUR actions and whether or not you acted in accordance with your state's law in such matters will determine if you are charged with a crime after a self defense shooting. Now again I do think your location matters to because what is ruled self defense in Texas of Florida may not be seen as such in Massachusetts for example.

As a general rule KNOW THE LAW because if we take the responsibility to arm ourselves,then don't we owe to to ourselves also to be armed with the just as important knowledge of knowing when we CAN LEGALLY use our weapons? If your going to a state that honors your carry permit,then research that state's laws on self defense and use of lethal force and when you can and can't use it.

I'm not saying things don't happen in court that shouldn't to law abiding people, because obviously they do. I'm saying that as a general rule if you act within the law the law will usually protect you in such matters.

#36 ·
Be realistic in your thought process: how many court cases are decided by choice of ammo selection? Scratch that single 10mm case; that was a crap argument and the circumstances of the shooting were questionable. Out of all cases involving self-defense shootings, how many turned against the shooter because of their choice in ammunition?

I wouldn't say you had much to worry about.

-B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.