Ammo Question

This is a discussion on Ammo Question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have some really cheap Winchester ammo that may be giving me some issues. I want to try some different ammo. What would be a ...

Thread: Ammo Question

Ammo Question

I have some really cheap Winchester ammo that may be giving me some issues. I want to try some different ammo. What would be a GOOD inexpensive ammo. I am just looking for some practice/get acquainted with the gun ammo.

Thanks, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

I've had good luck with the PMC 'Bronze' ammo just here recently. Only in 40S&W mind you, and it may not actually be cheaper than what you've been paying on the Winchester. I haven't tried the CCI Blazer ammo, but it seems rather reasonable, and I don't really look at it or price compare the aluminum case offering compared to the Blazer Brass ammo we've been hearing about here lately. I figure you'd have plenty of alternatives if you look around. They may not all be available locally, but I've also used the Remington UMC cartridges with no problems, and since you weren't very specific about what firearms.....I've also bought the Federal bulk ammo for my 5.56/.223 that I haven't shot yet. My Glocks don't seem to have a problem with any bulk buy ammo, but I will continue to use brass cased ammo and stay away from steel case surplus for as long as I can.

wpk
    I also had some issues with the bulk winchester ammo. Remington is similarly priced and hasn't given me any problems at all.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

VIP Member
    I like cci blazer.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    I've never had an issue with the Blazer, but it is a little dirty and some of the guns with an aggressive extractor might rip a case now and then instead of extract... but I'm OK with that on the range.
    I do like and shoot a lot of PMC, that is a step up IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I shoot a lot of Sellier & Bellot, it's cheap at my local gun shop and shoots pretty straight. A little on the dirty side, but nothing to write home about.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Links