FTF

FTF

This is a discussion on FTF within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the proper procedure for disposing of FTF ammo at the range?...

Thread: FTF

FTF

What is the proper procedure for disposing of FTF ammo at the range?

wpk
    The range I go to has a steel box that you put them in.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Well, that depends.......from what I've seen at my local range, they leave them lying on the ground. Me...knowing that volunteers brush hog the range or mow it, I'll pick up every one I see and take them home with me to investigate further, or pull the bullet, or cut the case and empty the powder-disposal from that point is generally in the regular trash once the cartridge is disassembled. Personally, I've never had an 'FTF' (failure to fire....not to be confused with failure to feed). If your range doesn't have provisions for disposal, and you don't have the means to pull the bullets from the cartridge and empty the powder, take them home with you and cut the neck with a pair of diagonal side cutting pliers and empty out the powder and dispose of the bullet and case like anything else. Dump the powder on the ground or into your potted plants as it makes very good plant food/fertilizer.

If it's a caliber I own a gun for, I pull the bullet for my own loads, and save the brass for the same reason.

If it's a caliber I don't own a gun for, I pull the bullet and save the bullet and brass for when i do buy that gun. As a matter of fact, that's how i came to own a .45-70.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

If it's not your bullet don't pick up a bullet at the range and try to fire it,if somebody wants to be a jerk they can reload a round that can blow up in your gun,I pick them up and pull them down to reload
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links