Just got back from range

Just got back from range

This is a discussion on Just got back from range within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from a pistol range I belong to that is about 3/4 mile down the road from my house. The range forbids ...

Thread: Just got back from range

Question Just got back from range

I just got back from a pistol range I belong to that is about 3/4 mile down the road from my house. The range forbids the use of jacketed ammo. I brought my son and father-in-law with me because I wanted to get my 16 year old son more involved with shooting. (We need more advocates and my wife is brain washing him--this is another story.) Nonetheless, I took my M&P 9c along and 75 rounds of Ultramax factory reload, non-jacketed ammo. The bad news is I had about 10 FTE's. The good news is I used it as a training session for my son on how to safely clear the gun. The other good news is that my son seems to show good shooting skills and he had some pretty impressive groupings for shooting the pistol for the first time. The only other pistol he ever shot was my Bersa .380.

Enough about my range session. Anybody know if there is any other non-jacketed ammo out there besides Ultramax? It really is a pain in the arse to have that many FTEs.

VIP Member
    Sounded like a good trip.

Links