+p+ - Page 2

+p+

This is a discussion on +p+ within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For 9mm I would look at any of the following round: Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115) Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: +p+

For 9mm I would look at any of the following round:

Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)

Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
    Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
    Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
    Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)

Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)

Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
    Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)

Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)

Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
    Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
    Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)

=-=-=-

Note they all meet the magic FBI numbers in gel. They don't over penetrate and don't under penetrate, even the +p+.

From what I've researched (not on my own mind you), the lighter +p+ rounds seem to under-penetrate in tests. Again, not my actual testing.

For 90 bucks you can purchase your own gel from Gelatin Innovations and test. I think it is a small investment for the peace of mind and what you are trying to protect. You should be running some rounds in your carry weapon to make sure they feed well and you can control them to your satisfaction. Might as well have some gel at the end of the range.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    wow great chart thanks
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Those eight missed rounds are gonna end up someplace, and quite often there are way more than 10 shots fired. Pretty sad statement as to the professionalism of paid protectors! I know priorities have changed since I was in, but with today's liability lawsuits, I'd think LEO departments would be very concerned about a 20% hit ratio.
    Sometimes the "facts" can be misleading too.
    BG is behind a car. 4 rds fired. 3 hit the car near the subject and 1 hits the BG. The facts are a 25% hit ratio. The 3 rds that hit the door post and windshield are counted as misses. Close enough had the BG been exposed they would have been hits. However, in real life nothing works like it does on the range. Gunfights aren't like shooting at paper targets. Never had anyone at the range shooting back. Worst gun injury I've experienced at the range was putting a staple in a finger when hanging a target. It's a whole lot different story tho when rds are incoming.
    We use to tell all our people that every round you fire comes with a lawyer. Unfortunately it isn't your lawyer.
    183 FBINA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links