Wal-Mart ammunition - Page 3

Wal-Mart ammunition

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, mine was stocked up and picked up a 100 box of 9mm and another of .45. After reading this, I think I'll head back ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cj
    Well, mine was stocked up and picked up a 100 box of 9mm and another of .45. After reading this, I think I'll head back over for some more...and check on the Blazer Brass prices too!

Went to Wally World here and they were out of WWB in everything I have and very few boxes of Blazer Brass, make that almost out.

Well I did have to get some! LOL.

Only ammo I buy at Walmart is federal bulk 22LR and 12 gauge 00buck and slugs,My SD rounds I buy online and use Ranger Or federal HST,as for plinking I reload about 500 rounds of each calibre at a time.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    Found some 9mm Blazer Brass (5 boxes) at a local Walmart.
    Hadn't seen it before.
    Was $8.57/50
    That comes to $3.00/100 cheaper than WWB or maybe $4.00 cheaper.
    It shot fine.
    Does anyone know if this is a normally stocked product?

P.S. They also had a bunch in .40
    I don't normally shoot 9mm, in fact I had not owned one for several years and just recently broker down and bought one, but anyway, that's beside the point; I know that wal-mart usually stocks Blaser Brass in .40 and .45 (at least they do in KS, GA, and FL) and it normally runs close in price to the WWB, sometimes the Blazer is cheaper and other times the WWB is cheaper.

I just buy whichever one is cheapest that day. Never had a problem with Blazer for range use. It aint the most accurate in my .45s but seems to do as well as any other in my .40.

In fact, I used Blazer .40 cal to qualify with when I took my KS CHL course, because I know it fires accurately in my .40 and it don't cost much so I didn't have to waste my expensive carry ammo.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Completely agree with you DieselNut- I don't like Walmart BUT I love to shoot and they have the best price on 9mm and .45. Do they ask you if the ammo is for a handgun? BassPro and Gander Mountain don't ask.
    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatMan View Post
    Completely agree with you DieselNut- I don't like Walmart BUT I love to shoot and they have the best price on 9mm and .45. Do they ask you if the ammo is for a handgun? BassPro and Gander Mountain don't ask.
    They did not ask me anything, no. I asked for the ammo and that was it. They DID ask for my driver's license, though. I watched the clerk carefully to see what he was typing into the computer, but he only punched in my birthday.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WWB in Phoenix is $29.97 as well. With tax, 100 rounds of .45ACP came out to $32.35 ($16.17 for 50).

For plinking ammo you can' beat Wally World's prices. BassPro's prices are just silly. The hardest part at Walmart is getting someone to come and unlock the case for you, and don't even ask any questions of the clerk. I'm not certain any of them can even spell "guns & ammo".

I buy the good ammo for hunting and home defense online from Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide. Both ship orders really fast and have the best prices even with shipping costs. Midway is good, but their prices are a litlle high, and these days they are out of everything.
    Fear is a reaction.......
    Courage is a decision.

FOR GOD, FOR COUNTRY AND FOR BLUE MAX

Blue Max 24, U.S. Army, RVN 1972

I picked up another 500 rnds of .45 while I was at the store. If Wal-Mart is good at anything, it's seeing what the customer wants and getting it. I'll bet they had semi's rolling filled with ammo.

Academy Sports is having a post Thanksgiving special on WWB 9mm at 100 rds for 17.99, not sure about other calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Academy Sports is having a post Thanksgiving special on WWB 9mm at 100 rds for 17.99, not sure about other calibers.
    It would cost more for me to drive to Longview to pick it up for 17.99 when I can buy it here for 19.99 per 100. I guess it doesn't pay after all to live in a small town.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatMan View Post
    Do they ask you if the ammo is for a handgun?
    Some Wal*Marts in my area ask and some don't. I think it's the lack of training in the clerks. So last time they asked and I said no. (.45 acp)
    Sale went on as usual. I have no idea why they ask. I think I'll just say no to everything.

VIP Member
    They never ask at the Wal*mart I go to. When I walk close to the area the counter is at, they reach in their pocket for the key to the ammo lock up and give me the smile.

Checked local Wal Mart today Ammo Supplies are very low.

The knowledgeable clerk stated their warehouse was almost out and they don't know when more is coming in

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Checked local Wal Mart today Ammo Supplies are very low.

The knowledgeable clerk stated their warehouse was almost out and they don't know when more is coming in
    So this means another round of panic buying? I better see if my paycheck came early at the P.O. today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links