Wal-Mart ammunition

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wanted to share this one...I found it on one of the Deal sites (where they track and share good deals)...I used this to stock up ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wal-Mart ammunition

cj
    Wanted to share this one...I found it on one of the Deal sites (where they track and share good deals)...I used this to stock up a bit at Wal-Mart, so it's a way to make it even cheaper if you have an American Express card.

Basically, you go to Walmart and register your Amex card (it verified immediately whether it's a valid number, for those concerned about this being some type of plot to get CC numbers).

What you're registering for is $20 back in your account after you spend $40 on two occasions at Wal-Mart (I picked up 100 packs of 9mm and .45 on subsequent days), so it's getting money back for buying cheap ammo that'll probably be more expensive in a few months. You need to make both transactions before 12/18/08. I just checked my account and discovered they'd credited me the $20 within 2 days of my second ammo purchase

The original discussion I found this at is here, and you can read the experiences of various people.

Hope this helps some of you out!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Wanted to share this one...I found it on one of the Deal sites (where they track and share good deals)...I used this to stock up a bit at Wal-Mart, so it's a way to make it even cheaper if you have an American Express card.

Basically, you go to Walmart and register your Amex card (it verified immediately whether it's a valid number, for those concerned about this being some type of plot to get CC numbers).

What you're registering for is $20 back in your account after you spend $40 on two occasions at Wal-Mart (I picked up 100 packs of 9mm and .45 on subsequent days), so it's getting money back for buying cheap ammo that'll probably be more expensive in a few months. You need to make both transactions before 12/18/08. I just checked my account and discovered they'd credited me the $20 within 2 days of my second ammo purchase

The original discussion I found this at is here, and you can read the experiences of various people.

Hope this helps some of you out!
    Thanks for the tip, CJ! Just wish you posted this yesterday. My wife just went out to get stuff at Wally World yesterday and picked up 2 boxes of WWB for me. Oh well. Can never have too much ammo:)

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    It would cost more for me to drive to Longview to pick it up for 17.99 when I can buy it here for 19.99 per 100. I guess it doesn't pay after all to live in a small town.
    You live near Longview? I am only a couple of miles from the new Academy in Tyler. I used to stop at the Academy in Longview whenever I was passing through.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I just bought 1k of WW .45 acp fmj 100 rd box for 29.00 from Wally World. Came out to 14.50 per fifty. And they had plenty. It was cheaper than Dick's (of course Dick's was out of 9mm and .45 acp).
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Quote Originally Posted by ncffp163 View Post
    I just bought 1k of WW .45 acp fmj 100 rd box for 29.00 from Wally World. Came out to 14.50 per fifty. And they had plenty. It was cheaper than Dick's (of course Dick's was out of 9mm and .45 acp).
    Wally World is impossible to beat for WWB. Dick's is a comparative rip off.
    Just bought $50 worth of stuff from Walmart today. Going back this week to pick up some more WWB and get the $20 rebate on my AmEx

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Is it good etiquette to quote oneself? Well, I went to my local Wal Mart this evening since today was payday, and much to my surprise, they have finally raised prices on their ammo. The 100 round bulk pack of WWB 9mm ammo has jumped a whole dollar to $20.97 now! Their case was full however.
    Did the same thing here. Oh well, at least they have plenty and 2 stores locally to choose from.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links