Wal-Mart ammunition

Wal-Mart ammunition

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to my local Wal Mart not expecting to find much ammunition left, but to my suprise they were fully stocked. Same price as bfore ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wal-Mart ammunition

Went to my local Wal Mart not expecting to find much ammunition left, but to my suprise they were fully stocked. Same price as bfore the mad rush. I had a coupon for 20% off next purhase from them, so I woun up paying $15.18 per 100 rounds for the 9mm. I bought 2,000 rounds of the winchester, and there was plenty left there

Why don't you just go ahead and shoot me one of those 20% off coupons! I'll even beg if you want me to. Congrats on the ammo. I purchased 750 rounds of 9mm and 45 acp about 3 weeks ago from there and they were fully stocked then too. I have no complaints about my walmart. ha!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    Why don't you just go ahead and shoot me one of those 20% off coupons! I'll even beg if you want me to. Congrats on the ammo. I purchased 750 rounds of 9mm and 45 acp about 3 weeks ago from there and they were fully stocked then too. I have no complaints about my walmart. ha!
    If I had another I surely would, and thanks. I do some construction work for them around the country and a manager at a new stoe that was about to open gave it to me for making some adjustments for them.

I was in my local walmart this morning and noticed that they no longer carry ammo. I will be making a check of the other Walmart near me to see if it is just that store or a NH thing.

Quote Originally Posted by major99 View Post
    I was in my local walmart this morning and noticed that they no longer carry ammo. I will be making a check of the other Walmart near me to see if it is just that store or a NH thing.
    That doesn't supriseme any really. Sorry to hear that, and good luck in your search

It takes a while for price adjustments to come down to the store level in huge chains. Now the local guy has already upped his prices, even before his wholesale costs have risen. Buy now, buy big.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    It takes a while for price adjustments to come down to the store level in huge chains. Now the local guy has already upped his prices, even before his wholesale costs have risen. Buy now, buy big.
    I have purchased over 3000 rounds in the last week, and already had some on-hand. I am going to head back Monday. I think that had to be one of their biggest ammo sales because the women kept staring me down. I love how people try to make you feel like you are doing something wrong whe what you are doing is perfectly legal

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    True. I talked to the sporting goods manager here a few months back and he said their prices were the best because they contract to buy ammo at a certain price a year or more in advance. At the time we were talking the contract for Winchester and Remington ammo had just been renewed for the next year and there was a price increase from the week before when I was in.

He said that the CCI contract would not renew for a few more weeks, so I should buy any CCI ammo I wanted right away. Sure enough, a couple weeks later the Blazer Brass ammo prices went up.

It didn't really bother me though, since I have a pretty comfortable supply built up and only replace what I shoot, or buy a box here and there to add a little. Plus I am reloading most of what I shoot now, so my days of "needing" to buy in bulk are pretty much over thankfully.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Bought ammo three times this week from two of my local Wal Marts. Seems like they were hit pretty hard this past Sunday. The sporting goods clerk and I talked about it a bit, but as of yesterday, my closest Wal Mart still had plenty of everything. I figure I bought around a thousand rounds this week, including the box of 550 22lr's. They haven't raised their prices on any of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
    Went to my local Wal Mart not expecting to find much ammunition left, but to my suprise they were fully stocked. Same price as bfore the mad rush. I had a coupon for 20% off next purhase from them, so I woun up paying $15.18 per 100 rounds for the 9mm. I bought 2,000 rounds of the winchester, and there was plenty left there
    Which Walmart? I've been looking for some Remington around St. Peters/St. Charles, plus some in the Farmington area, and haven't seen anywhere near that amount. I found a Walmart south of Farmington that didn't even carry 9mm HP in Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Which Walmart? I've been looking for some Remington around St. Peters/St. Charles, plus some in the Farmington area, and haven't seen anywhere near that amount. I found a Walmart south of Farmington that didn't even carry 9mm HP in Remington.
    ofallon, mo

My Wal Mart has plenty of ammo...but the trick is finding someone to unlock the case for you
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

ofallon, mo
    Thanks.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Was there 2 days ago looking for 223. Yeah, I know. They had HP for 13 an 17 dollars, no FMJ. Oh well, bought 2 boxes of the $13 since I hate having a gun and no ammo...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

ofallon, mo
    Your post caused me to have flashbacks. I broke down in Ofallon last winter during a hail/snow storm on my way home from GA. What a nightmare. Glad they have ammo there though.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links