SA Ultra Compact Range Report - Page 2

SA Ultra Compact Range Report

This is a discussion on SA Ultra Compact Range Report within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HappyGunner I think the message from Wilson Combat as to how they'll do a reliability package on a micro but won't guarantee ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SA Ultra Compact Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner
    I think the message from Wilson Combat as to how they'll do a reliability package on a micro but won't guarantee the work says it all.Not sure what that means. If Wilson Combat won't guarantee the work then Wilson Combat should just turn down the job.
    I think what it means is that when it comes to 1911's Wilson has an extremely respected name. They're not the only folks who don't guarantee work done on the mini-45's. Buddy of mine is a gunsmith that now works for Cylinder and Slide. Same thing. Wilson won't turn down $100 (would you?) especially if they warn you first and you still have them do the work.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Is their any other gunsmiths that would guarantee their work to make a 3.5" 1911 reliable? I'm not trying to get a perfect hollowpoint shooter, just with the efmj's. Their almost ball ammo.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Question Guarantee

What does someone want in a guarantee? guarantee that my 1911 will always shoot no matter how I maintain it? guarantee that my 1911 will always shoot no matter if I use poorly designed reloaded Ammo.? guarantee that my 1911 will always shoot even if I hold it like a undercooked hotdog? guarantee that my 1911 will always shoot even if I never ever oil the slide?

All gunsmiths are wanting to make a buck if you wish to send you'r guns to them great.

If you buy a quality 1911 from someone making them in the USA then if you do have a problem you can call them right where they are being built.
    This without having to call some repair station that has not a clue how to fix even a lawnmower.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I use federal's EFMJ's. Never had a failure - all mags worked ok with me with them.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO micro 1911s can be made utterly relyable, the wife's detonics was as purchased untill an ejectore hook broke ( not totaly uncommon even on fullsized 1911 ) after tuning and radiusing properly it has eaten another 6k rounds or so with only spring replacement and no malfunctions that arnt directly attributable to either operator error or improper cleaning howeaver micro 1911s are right on the line of what you can do with the design to the point it takes a special smith to wring the most out of em accuricy and relyablity wise its more watchmaking than gunsmithing to balance all the factors of feeding a .45 with that little slide mass , and that increased spring pressure . they are fine if they run but will not take the abuse or neglect the 1911 design is famous for putting up with i kind of equate them to full race guns if tuned properly there is no better tool , if tuned improperly well its a pretty paperweight and for the record i would have NO issue sending it off to wilson , or brown , or a half dozen others . They may not " garontee" it will be perfect but ill wager it will be relyable if properly maintained ( replace recoil springs every 1500 rounds, properly lubed , mags cleaned regurarly ect.. in 1911 if you want combat relyability , well buy a 5" gvt model because every step smaller or more accurate comes with a price from that platform. Thats just my experiance yours may differ . point is they can and do run , but not all of them from the factory , and not for everyone. If i did not have 100% faith in ours , i certinly would not put up with momma carrying it

edited to say we feed it 230 hydra shocks exclusively

my "lil pain" SA Micro went back to Springfield where they did ejector (warranty work) and is now 100% reliable. even on Wolf ammo! believe it or don't but just shot yesterday and again it ate 50 rounds and no problems. thats probably150 wollf rounds, and 200 WWB's and assorted JHp's and no problems yet. 100% so far on about 500 rounds...and thats a MicroCompact! so i am now in agreement with those that told me that they can be made to be reliable.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Glad to hear of your success. I have been reading up on 1911 problems and from all I can garner, when the last round doesn't feed it's usually a mag spring problem. I still think I will send it to wilson for a look see but that may be awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links