Bad News to Dicks 9mm buyers - Page 2

Bad News to Dicks 9mm buyers

This is a discussion on Bad News to Dicks 9mm buyers within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Stetson Do the stores in Ohio walk you to the front of the store with your ammo purchase ? Yes, Florida. the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Do the stores in Ohio walk you to the front of the store with your ammo purchase ?
    Yes, Florida.
    the salesman said you could have a gun on you.

The answer the clerk gave makes no sense. He assumes you want to shoot up the place, but have no bullets, so you go there, buy the ammo and start shooting? I suspect it has more to do with theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Yes, Florida.

I've never had this happen. Maybe some kind of County rule? But, I don't think I've heard of any "local" firearms laws in FL.

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Do the stores in Ohio walk you to the front of the store with your ammo purchase ?
    Not at the Dick's I shop at. I just ask for a case at the sporting goods desk, the guy drops the box on the counter and I carry it up to the register. My last case is getting a bit light, I need to get up there and get some more but I hate being in the shopping zones around the holidays. My HST order from ammuntion-to-go is held up as well. I need my evil boolits!!
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Ram Rod you do make a good point. I completly agree with you that people do need to stand up and make sure retailers are held accountable. My issue wasnt with causing a verbal scene. It was that i didnt want everyne in the store to know that i was buying 2k rds. I guess on the principal i should have but i am writing the CO and going to give them a peice of my mind. Thanks Ram Rod
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    Ram Rod you do make a good point. I completly agree with you that people do need to stand up and make sure retailers are held accountable. My issue wasnt with causing a verbal scene. It was that i didnt want everyne in the store to know that i was buying 2k rds. I guess on the principal i should have but i am writing the CO and going to give them a peice of my mind. Thanks Ram Rod
    Look....any time. No need to thank me, it's a give and take forum. I also have a chance to portray my thinking if I was put into your shoes. Things used to be the customer was always right (within reason of course). Back in the days of yore, there was man's word and handshakes....collateral was a future calf, or the future crop. Word of mouth was your best friend, or your worst enemy. Folks actually though about their reputation in their community. Goods were still sold, traded and bartered for, and even credit given with or without any written documents. Nowadays we are able to carry with us verifiable proof that a promise was made in one form or another, and litigation often arises when two parties translate the written word differently by meaning or implement. Even though we deal mainly with large companies or corporations in this day in age, there is ultimately one man at the top, the owner. His reputation is transferred throughout the corporation, and he is ultimately responsible for what transpires down to the last trade. Granted...barriers have been erected, and buffer zones created but we are still dealing with just one man no matter how far removed. Personally, the customer satisfaction needs to make a come-back before it disappears completely. The consumer can set the stage any time, any place. If I ever have a bad review of services or treatment, I make it known to the corporate level. Lord knows how many e-mails I've sent to Wal Mart's corporate offices for one reason or another. They always get replies! From the corporate level AND the local level! With the current economy and the further economic down-turn seemingly imminent......a lot of big business will start taking a hard look at the consumer once again, and depend on their loyalty once they offer the best product at the best price with the utmost in customer service and appreciation. You want to know how I got $4k off the sticker price on my Dodge truck? A misprint in the newspaper....I held them to it at the local level. Granted...they tried to weasel their way out of it, and closing the deal took about four hours. But the owner of the company took it in stride and satisfied the customer because they knew I would come to them for warranty and service, and give good word of mouth. Best place to stand one's ground and nurture accountability and responsibility is at the local retailer. Don't worry about making waves...more than likely it will change corporate policy and trickle down to a store near you! Others remarks? "Whatta ya gonna do with all that....start a war?" "2k huh? Planning for an invasion or something?" "Dude! You're buying out the store!" Would you let strangers get inside your mind? Make you feel badly? Make you think twice about what you do? Are strangers words or thoughts important to you? I realize you are not me, and I'd surely let a lot of that in one ear and out the other if it were me in line that day. If for some reason this started to play over and over in my mind to the point I'd had enough, I'd turn around and tell them all where to stick their opinion, and if I had have been thinking of a response long enough, I'd give them a good line of bull to put them into ultra-panic mode and hopefully on down the road. With what I would tell them, they'd more than likely get out of line and go somewhere else. If their spouse happened to be in line with them while they are making remarks, I'd more than likely embarrass them to the point that the 'sticky outty might become an inny' if you follow me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links