What Do You Do with Your Brass?

This is a discussion on What Do You Do with Your Brass? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not opposed to collecting my brass for anyone interested, so far just .45 ACP. How much is enough to actually sell/ship? A few hundred?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do with Your Brass?

I'm not opposed to collecting my brass for anyone interested, so far just .45 ACP. How much is enough to actually sell/ship? A few hundred?
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

2. Remove Ads

I live within driving distance of Georgia Arms. They buy my brass when I buy their ammo. Kinda trading the empties for full ones.
    If you have an ammo remanufacturer near you, see if they will buy your brass. I'm getting more by trading in than scrap prices.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Most ranges sell it for scrap, but many also sort and sell to reloaders. I pick up all my brass except for .22cal and berdan primed stuff, that goes into the recyle bucket.

Dieselnut

PM sent
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

I'll take 223, 40, 45 and pay shipping if anyone has it or is close to Phoenix, AZ
    G23 for me and a G26 for my bride.
    AR15 for backup

What I don't use to reload I use for craft projects. I make jewelry, dangles on bags, bells, Warrior chest plates, etc. When I get enough things made I take them to PowWows and craft shows to sell. I go out to where people shoot in the hills and pick up the brass other people leave there. I clean up the trash and use what I can, recycle some stuff and burn what will burn.

Considering the complaints about being unable to find ammo at reasonable prices (or being unable to find ammo), that I've seen on this forum, I would think more of you would be more inclined to reload and keep your brass. If not I'll be more than happy to take any center fire, boxer primed brass you want to send me. I'll even pay the shipping.
    Slaves are taken care of. Free men take care of themselves.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/

Senior Moderator
    The other day I was at the range shooting my Colt Anaconda .44.

I love that gun, but dont shoot it near as much as the semi's. I noticed that my brass supply of .44 was somewhat anemic and was actually contemplating ordering a 100 round bag from Midway, they are going for 23 bucks now.

While I was there, a guy came up to me and asked if I reloaded,and I told him I did.He walked back to his truck and gave me 250 rounds of once fired brass that he had shot that morning. Five boxes of Winchester still in the trays.He said that he just couldnt see throwing them away so he gave them to me. Talk about being the right spot at the right time, I got lucky that day.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

i usually let the raneg vultures clean up after me at the range. i might start saving them, though, to sell them; on many firearms forums, people sell their used brass, and they go pretty quick. i might even start reloading in a few months, if ammo prices keep rising like they are, or if ammo encoding is actually made law.

Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Considering the complaints about being unable to find ammo at reasonable prices (or being unable to find ammo), that I've seen on this forum, I would think more of you would be more inclined to reload and keep your brass. If not I'll be more than happy to take any center fire, boxer primed brass you want to send me. I'll even pay the shipping.
    I'll keep that in mind. Have more once fired 40 S&W than anything else right now.

I leave my brass at the range...in a bucket. We all clean up after ourselves.
    Never had a desire to reload.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I reload everything except 9mm, simply because that ammo is so cheap. Even if 9mm ammo gets expensive I still wont reload it because you can't get enough savings out of it because you can only reload the case two or three times before the bottoms bell out and they won't chamber any more.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I reload everything except 9mm, simply because that ammo is so cheap. Even if 9mm ammo gets expensive I still wont reload it because you can't get enough savings out of it because you can only reload the case two or three times before the bottoms bell out and they won't chamber any more.....

I haven't bought any 9MM or 45ACP brass in over a decade. I'll bet my 9MM and 45ACP ammo cost a 3rd of the cheap price that you're paying.
    Slaves are taken care of. Free men take care of themselves.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    When I was a kid this was a great way to make spending money.I lived about two miles away from State Police range.I use to pick up brass by the pails full
    and sell it at the junkyard.Ward cutters it took 16 for a pound we'd make ten to twenty dollars a week back in late sixties,not bad for bunch of teenagers too
    young for a real job.Let me clarify I sold both end lead and brass;always got more money for brass.

I reload so I pick up all the usuable brass in calibers that I have. I go to the shooting areas with my girls 8 and 10. they love the outdoors and love to hunt for brass and shoot too. papa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links