Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27

This is a discussion on Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NaturalSelection for defending my life, i dont care whats on sale. On one occasion, I successfully defended my life and many others, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    for defending my life, i dont care whats on sale.
    On one occasion, I successfully defended my life and many others, for 10 months and 16 days straight in Beirut, with a govt. issued turd and rationed ammo supplied by the lowest bidders the U.S. could possibly find.

I have a feeling you will be just fine carrying a full magazine of any good quality ammo while walking across your local mall parking lot...
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CleaningAccident
    On one occasion, I successfully defended my life and many others, for 10 months and 16 days straight in Beirut, with a govt. issued turd and rationed ammo supplied by the lowest bidders the U.S. could possibly find.

I have a feeling you will be just fine carrying a full magazine of any good quality ammo while walking across your local mall parking lot...
    Thank you for your service. I have a buddy who was a SEAL in Beirut. Matthew J. Bracken. He is now an author and has written an outstanding book he self published and sold online. I suspect you'd LOVE this book:
    Check this out http://www.EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com You can actually read half the novel FREE online! That's about 250 pages. It will be a trilogy and I understand book #2 is nearly done.
    I may actually make this a thread....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier762, thank you for your respect.
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by CleaningAccident
    I successfully defended my life and many others, for 10 months and 16 days straight in Beirut
    my service is irrelevant to this discussion, as is yours. using it in an effort to preach from an exhalted position does us both a diservice.

govt. issued turd and rationed ammo supplied by the lowest bidders the U.S. could possibly find.
    it either meets specifications or it doesnt. if it meets specifications it is deemed fit for duty and it will provide excellent reliability. if it doesnt meet specifications it ends up here where it will still provide excellent reliability. of all the thousands of rounds ive fired while serving as well as 50,000+ rounds of the reject ammo ive fired as a civilian, ive never experienced an ammunition related failure to feed or fire. i completely disagree with your implication that military ammunition is somehow sub-standard.

spare me your "i was in combat, you walk across the mall" condescension. ive made many statements about the overall quality of premium ammuntion....but "whatever is on sale" just isnt good enough for me. its a personal choice we make when we decide what round to carry. you stated yours, i stated mine.....no need to make it anything more.
    Last edited by NaturalSelection; January 19th, 2006 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    my service is irrelevant to this discussion, as is yours. using it in an effort to preach from an exhalted position does us both a diservice.

spare me your "i was in combat, you walk across the mall" condescension. ive made many statements about the overall quality of premium ammuntion....but "whatever is on sale" just isnt good enough for me. its a personal choice we make when we decide what round to carry. you stated yours, i stated mine.....no need to make it anything more.

No personal Attack's. Its pretty Simple its one of the Rules. GET back on track and stay away from a Personal Attacks....

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    No personal Attack's
    where is a personal attack?

Ditto CleaningAccident!!! Couldn't have said it better! I'm from Jax.! Just here in Ga. chillin... Ha! Ha!

Just as I wouldn't want to trust my life to the cheapest gun I could find, I wouldn't want to trust my life to cheap ammo. BUT, there are so many good choices out there that are not too expensive and, if on sale, even better! And as a USN Retired Vet, thank you all for your service, whatever branch, whenever served!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Lots of us lived to reach such an extinguished, pardon, distinguished point in life by using every last millimeter afforded us. The net is chockerblock with scientific, home-made, and anecdotal tales of what modern bullets do. Thousands upon thousands of postings a day to absorb, from all walks of life, and the smart man makes a decision predicated upon both his own experience and those of others. If there's one chance in a million a certain bullet will allow me to be the last one standing then darn straight that's the one I'm going to use. Not a thing wrong with the...use any old ammo... way of thinking as long as one realizes it's his or her belief and not something to foist upon others. Too many chairbornes want it their way or they begin attacking those who do not agree. Children will play but it does get boring.

We're here to learn and teach but not to babysit the ones so dense they are unaware of giving offense.

Semper Fidelis

If only the general public could tap into data bases of live fire incidents.

I like Goldensaber in 9mm .38, and .45. From what limited "reliable" data I can find it seams to preform well. And I like the construction of the bullet jacket.

A good source for Goldensaber is Cheaper Than Dirt. If you are buying just one or two boxes it may not work out to be as good of a price. But say 5 boxes, like I do, it is a good deal.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ammo.asp
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Yeah I got 4 50rd boxes of Federal Hydrashok 124gr 9mm for 9.95 a piece from cheaperthandirt. 75% off ain't half bad. They are now up to $16 and some change, still not bad.

165 gold dots for me. 40 cal
    Winchester rangers on the job. 9mm

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    + 1 on GD's
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

FWIW.....Corbon 135 gr. JHP has a great track record especially from short barrel pistols like G-27.
    Jim

HARDCORE: Try some of the Federal Premium Personal Defense Hydra-Shok Low Recoil 135 gr. .40 S&W ammo. You'll love it! Here is a link to some of it's and other .40 S&W ammo ballistics. http://www.angelfire.com/co3/markcolo/testing.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links