Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27 - Page 3

Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27

This is a discussion on Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 155 Gr federals, and T A P Hornaday work very well. The Gold dots are good too...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which .40 Ammo For New Glock 27

155 Gr federals, and T A P Hornaday work very well. The Gold dots are good too
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

To revive a diminishing thread...

Here's a novel approach. Email Speer, Remington, Winchester, Federal, and whomever else might be your manufacturer of choice. Tell them the weapon you are wanting to feed, and for what purpose you will be using their ammunition for.

All of them will reply. You'll be getting answers from people who've designed, tested, and manufactured these munitions. I've done so, and along with personal experience as to what works best for me, have arrived at as happy a medium as I could hope for. Alternatively, and I say this without rancor for it is simple fact, you can continue to seek advice from strangers with agendas that might very well not coincide with your own.

I also have a G-27. 180 grain hollowpoints from Speer...Gold Dots, Federal...Hi-Shock, and Winchester...Ranger T's, expand quite well from it when introduced to a Fackler-Box arrangement, as I was told by the manufacturers they would. I like the 180 grainers better, because for me, coming from my gun, they have been accurate and reliable. The best expansion came from the Winchesters, and suprisingly enough, to me at least, the most accurate at distances up to 50 ' were the Federal Hi-Shoks, C40SWA. The Feds weren't all that shabby with regards to mushrooming, either.

From the horses mouth, rather than the horses nether regions comes the best advice. Give them a call or send an email.

Go and buy one box of each different brand. Shoot them and see what your gun likes. Guns will like one brand better that the next. For years we carried Hydra-shocks now they gives us Speer Gold Dot to carry in our duty guns. My Glock 27 and Glock 22 will feed both of them without any problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links