Defensive Carry banner

Ol' Mas and over penetration.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jframe38 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd always thought over penetration was a bit of a bogus issue until I read Masaad Ayoob's Concealed Carry. He details the problems the NYPD had with ball ammo and makes the very strong case that hollw points are the ONLY acceptable choice in SD ammo (except for shotguns, of course). If you don't have a copy of that book do yourself a favor and get one right away, or steal one from your buddy!

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Bo...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229149289&sr=1-1

#2 ·
Yeah, when Mas explains it, it makes sense. :yup:

I remember more than one cop that was shot by a through and through. Except for N.J., it makes sense to carry only hollowpoints. Heck, in N.J. the cops carry hollowpoints, it's a pity the subjects can't.

Biker :palmier:

#3 ·
My Uncle is a retired NYC Detective and he told me a story that took place in the 80's about another Detective that emptied his revolver with ball ammo at a BG coming towards him with a large knife at about 12 feet in a basement. Just before the BG fell to the floor and eventually died he plunge the knife in the detective who also died.
I'm not saying that JHP would have prevented the outcome but the story is related to NYPD problems with the ball ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.