New ammo--Monarch Steel 9mm Luger

This is a discussion on New ammo--Monarch Steel 9mm Luger within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just returned from Academy Sports. The have a new addition to their house brand of ammo, Monarch. It is Monarch Steel 9mm Luger 115 ...

Thread: New ammo--Monarch Steel 9mm Luger

New ammo--Monarch Steel 9mm Luger

I just returned from Academy Sports. The have a new addition to their house brand of ammo, Monarch.

It is Monarch Steel 9mm Luger 115 gr. FMJ. Made in Russia. I bought one box to use for the range. It's only $8.99/bx of 50. The brass equivalent is $10.49

I plan to use it in my Bersa 9UC. I will report if any issues with the steel casing.

Has anyone tried the new stuff yet?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by NavDoc View Post
    I just returned from Academy Sports. The have a new addition to their house brand of ammo, Monarch.

It is Monarch Steel 9mm Luger 115 gr. FMJ. Made in Russia. I bought one box to use for the range. It's only $8.99/bx of 50. The brass equivalent is $10.49

I plan to use it in my Bersa 9UC. I will report if any issues with the steel casing.

yes I have. I use monarch 115GR at shooting range yesterday and my pistol got jammed. You will see my post "My pistol jammed" Good day

New Member Array Clarke Griswold's Avatar
    I have a Bersa UC9 and use this ammo at the range....never had a problem.

Bout 200 rnds thru my Glock 26 and so far no problems, but it is not a picky eater...
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

The folks on BersaTalk stated to never use steel casing ammo in Bersa pistols. States that damage may occur.

Thumbs up

From a price standpoint;I believe Blazer BRASS at Wallyworld is the same price and I have had no problems with it.Brass just seems easier on the chamber.AND made in U.S.A.!!

That makes it about $2.00/hundred cheaper than WWB.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Supposedly Cheaper than Dirt has some new ammo made by a company called DRT.

DRT is it the Most Accurate Ammo Ever?

This might be it, both in accuracy and terminal ballistics!
    This ammo has been hush, hush for over four years. We saw it being tested at the Military Proofing grounds and everyone said, "that is not possible" after they saw the results! The DRT name stands for Dynamic Research Technologies, or as the guys shooting the M24 Sniper Rifles say, "Dead Right There"!

This ammo does the exact opposite of what you would expect. These rounds will shoot through a 2" x 4" but will not shoot through an invader in your home. Here is the best part, these are ideal for crowd control, home defense, or close quarter combat, the bullet will hit the target and dissipate inside the target, killing them instantly without going through and injuring an innocent bystander.

How is that possible?
    It is in the core. Totally different then anything on the market, a compressed metal powder, not a solid lead blob, but a fine powder mixture.
    Here is how it works;

If you filled a 55 gallon drum with a zillion number 9 shotgun pellets and then shot it out of some space age rail gun with the round spinning at 160,000 RPM, you would have a very deadly round. That is kind of what is happening but, then enters the dynamics of of the fine powder! When it encounters a solid object such as a 2" x 4" it shoots right through but when it encounters an object denser than itself like a brick wall or concrete or heavy gauge steel, it disintegrates, returning to powder with no ricochet.

The magic occurs on an Organic Target. The fine powder is as fine as talcum powder. When it contacts the organic target, the powder is spinning at such a high rate it instantly disperses, creating a crater in the target resulting in Instant Death. The wounds are typically 5" deep and 5" wide. A full 100% energy dissipation as the bullet totally disappears to invisible dust.

The accuracy comes from two attributes; First is extreme attention to detail in the manufacturing process, much greater than even handloads. Second has to do with the powder core. Solid lead cores are never perfect, they are off center or not symmetrical and when spun at 160,000 rpm, they flight off course and then at 1,000 meters your groups never get much better than 10". With the powder core, the material finds it center when spinning improving the accuracy. Besides, this fine powder is heavier than lead, so a standard weight projectile is smaller offering a lower wind profile and enhanced accuracy.

So guys, this is it.
    The most accurate ammo we have ever seen; and the most deadly. We have been asked not to tell stories of this ammo being used in the big sand box, but the stories are getting out and the unheard of results have increased demand for this one of a kind - the only ammo you ever need to own, DRT ammunition.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Supposedly Cheaper than Dirt has some new ammo made by a company called DRT.

DRT is it the Most Accurate Ammo Ever?
    I wasn't aware that Frangible Bullet Technology was a new thing.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Regarding the DRT:

Sounds like a great advertisement! I have learned to never trust advertisments. Even if it is this accurate, I am sure that the costs outweigh our need.

1) If we need to shoot in self defense at ranges beyond what todays rounds are capable of doing, I am questioning the need for self defense.

2) If using it for hunting, who wants a kill with that kind of wound?

3) The best snipers can use traditional rounds and get X ring shots at 1,000 yards, and kills at a mile.

With these factors why would I want and pay for this?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

...........It is Monarch Steel 9mm Luger 115 gr. FMJ. Made in Russia. I bought one box to use for the range. It's only $8.99/bx of 50. The brass equivalent is $10.49.........
    For the extra .03 per round, I think I'd stick with the brass casings. I'm not a big fan of steel cases in handguns when brass isn't that much more. Of course, I reload so using brass only makes sense but even if you don't reload, I don't think you'd have much trouble selling your empty brass for a couple of bucks a hundred making the difference in price even less.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Well, I fired the 50 rounds through my Bersa 9UC without issues. However, I do NOT plan to buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    I wasn't aware that Frangible Bullet Technology was a new thing.
    Hey I didn't know, was just trying to be talkative.
    One more step and it's on!

Links