Federal Tactical HST back in stock at ATG!! - Page 2

Federal Tactical HST back in stock at ATG!!

This is a discussion on Federal Tactical HST back in stock at ATG!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope it's another "OMG PANIC PANIC" rumor. I like HST rounds, and I'd think federal would be shooting themselves (pun intended) in the foot. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Federal Tactical HST back in stock at ATG!!

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array dunndw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,123
    I hope it's another "OMG PANIC PANIC" rumor. I like HST rounds, and I'd think federal would be shooting themselves (pun intended) in the foot.
    I can't find another source. Even the threads I've seen on XD Talk and Glocktalk reference the AR15.com threads as their source of intel

    If all goes according to plan this 500 will give me 1000 HST rounds. That should hold me for a bit :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array raevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    4,849
    Recieved notification today that due to large amount of orders my order won't ship for 4 or 5 days.

  3. #18
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Recieved notification today that due to large amount of orders my order won't ship for 4 or 5 days.
    Same here, but, I saw their website stated the delay right there on their homepage. I knew there would be a delay but I dont mind.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

  4. #19
    Member Array wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    106
    It is true. Federal is clamping down on retailers selling HST. They say it should never have made it to the general public, and it's their intent that it's LEO only. My local store advertised and carried it for a while, but they have recently been contacted by Federal and will not be getting any more.

  5. #20
    Member Array rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    26
    Thanks for the heads-up, got 300 .45 HST +P's on the way :)

  6. #21
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post
    It is true. Federal is clamping down on retailers selling HST. They say it should never have made it to the general public, and it's their intent that it's LEO only. My local store advertised and carried it for a while, but they have recently been contacted by Federal and will not be getting any more.
    That is probably the stupidest corporate policy I have heard of in recent memory. Sure, make a fantastic product, let it get popular, and then decide that you don't want to make any money off of it until you can market it as a watered down "low recoil" personal defense round, charging the same for 20 rounds as you did for 50 back when it was the best stuff on the market. Of course, by the time you re-release the product to the market, it is two generations behind - but the market shouldn't care, because they are privileged to get the "trickle down" law enforcement technology... technology that should never have been taken away in the first place, as private citizens should have every right to the same effective tools that the police get to protect themselves.

  7. #22
    Member Array jaidedeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Goldsboro NC
    Posts
    49
    how much is shipping from ATG?

  8. #23
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    mine was about $12 to VA.

  9. #24
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    That is probably the stupidest corporate policy I have heard of in recent memory. Sure, make a fantastic product, let it get popular, and then decide that you don't want to make any money off of it until you can market it as a watered down "low recoil" personal defense round, charging the same for 20 rounds as you did for 50 back when it was the best stuff on the market. Of course, by the time you re-release the product to the market, it is two generations behind - but the market shouldn't care, because they are privileged to get the "trickle down" law enforcement technology... technology that should never have been taken away in the first place, as private citizens should have every right to the same effective tools that the police get to protect themselves.
    I agree. Almost all the ammo I buy is Federal. If they do actually do this I will never buy federal again.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I'm thinking 200 will be enough for me since I'll be using them only to verify reliable operation in a pistol and for SD.
    Whatcha think?
    It is reliable in my XD.45 but I would not take my word for it and do exactly what you are doing, except that once it has proven reliable in your XD you will want enough for carry and some reserve. Especially if you test any for performance. I did and concluded that it is the best SD out there reliable accurate and with consistent quarter sized expansion and six huge ugly no matter what it is shot into or through. IMO, save yourself some money over the long term and pick up a box of 500. Or pay the higher price and extra shipping after you are sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I believe Federal would sell these to anyone willing to buy. They arent illegal so I see no reason they would try to keep them off the civilian market
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    That is probably the stupidest corporate policy I have heard of in recent memory.
    Federal HST, Tactical Precision Buckshot, Tactical TruBall Rifled Slug, Winchester Rangers and I am sure others are clearly marked Law Enforcement Ammo. The manufactures of LEO ammo advise all their retailers to sell it only to LEO. IMO it is a part of their CYA policy that comes from the days of Black Talons the original Rangers. That way if the antis attempt to have it outlawed as they started to do with Black Talons because they are super killer bullets. The manufactures have plausible deniability. Claiming the bullet was developed for law enforcement only. Making it more difficult for the antis to create laws banning bullets due to performance, which ultimately benefits us all. As well as themselves. Winchester had to take Black Talons off of the market for years until all the hoplophobia died down, sure that caused them a good chunk of money. JMO
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

  11. #26
    4T5
    4T5 is offline
    New Member Array 4T5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaidedeye View Post
    how much is shipping from ATG?
    Shipping for five hundred rounds .45 to VA was $20.97.

  12. #27
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Federal HST, Tactical Precision Buckshot, Tactical TruBall Rifled Slug, Winchester Rangers and I am sure others are clearly marked Law Enforcement Ammo.
    Funny, the boxes of HST that I have contain no such markings.

  13. #28
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,831
    All of my Tactical HST say "Federal Premium" then below it says "Law Enforcement Ammunition" printed right on the box.

    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

  14. #29
    Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    All of my Tactical HST say "Federal Premium" then below it says "Law Enforcement Ammunition" printed right on the box.

    Ditto.

  15. #30
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Mine is just in the regular gold/blue federal premium box.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FEDERAL TACTICAL BONDED 9mm. OR FEDERAL HST
    By The Fish in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 24th, 2012, 02:02 PM
  2. Federal HST 45 acp in stock NOW at ATG
    By rico68 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM
  3. Does *anybody* have Federal primers in stock???
    By kazzaerexys in forum Reloading
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
  4. Federal Lake City 5.56mm in stock at MidWayUSA
    By Tally XD in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM

Search tags for this page

atg concealed carry course cost
,
atg tactical jacket
,
buy federal le tactical hst ammo
,
differance between federal tactical hst and federal tactical
,
difference between federal premium hst and tactical bonded ammo
,

federal hst ammo in stock

,

federal hst in stock

,
federal hst not available anymore?
,
federal hst sale san diego
,

federal tactical hst

,
federal tacticle hst
,
pulled federal hst bullets
Click on a term to search for related topics.