Federal Lake City 5.56mm in stock at MidWayUSA

This is a discussion on Federal Lake City 5.56mm in stock at MidWayUSA within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; MidWayUSA has Federal Lake City 5.56 M193 in stock for $8.89 per 20 round box....

Thread: Federal Lake City 5.56mm in stock at MidWayUSA

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

MidWayUSA has Federal Lake City 5.56 M193 in stock for $8.89 per 20 round box.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Is that a good deal? I quit using Midway when I quit using credit cards. I still get the weekly e-blast mail from them, but there are more places happy to take my methods of payment, and just as good or better. IMO of course. BTW....I think I can get those local for $8.25 per box of 20. Last week was the last time I priced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Is that a good deal? I quit using Midway when I quit using credit cards. I still get the weekly e-blast mail from them, but there are more places happy to take my methods of payment, and just as good or better. IMO of course. BTW....I think I can get those local for $8.25 per box of 20. Last week was the last time I priced them.
    Are you sure what you get locally is true military load 5.56mm? Just asking.
    Some places try to pass off Remington .223 as the same as 5.56mm.

The cheapest locally I been getting Federal black box 5.56mm was $9.95 per 20rnds but it has now jumped up to $12 per box.

I have found Lake City 5.56mm in 50 round white boxes at $26 per box at a local tactical shop but he said once that is gone there will be no more for a while.

Oh, I dont use credit cards either. I order using my debit card straight to my account.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

I'm sure. XM193 in the plain brown wrapper. I didn't mean to down your post, and I've done business through Midway for many years. Heck....all of my reloading components came through them among other things. Just that I quit using credit cards. I've also supplied several folks with once fired brass in bulk quantities at a good price, and those folks have quoted me the Midway price, and when I call Midway to verify, they always seem to be in limited supply or out all together. I have nothing against Midway at all. Supply, demand, and volume I reckon. But I do know the difference in 5.56 and .223. I have quite a lot in both, but always willing to buy at the best price. Just check around is all I'm saying. Those dealers who have bought at market prices a couple of months ago will still have better prices. Those who do volume business likely have to replenish the supply at a higher cost and pass it on to the consumer. This makes sense.

JRI
    I've seen the price go up a $1.00 in the last month but $8.99 is a $1 above that. I guess you could blame the panic buying but I'd look elsewhere for a better price. I've built up a stockpile over the last year so I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a little while and see if the price comes down a little before I buy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I'm sure. XM193 in the plain brown wrapper. I didn't mean to down your post, and I've done business through Midway for many years. Heck....all of my reloading components came through them among other things. Just that I quit using credit cards. I've also supplied several folks with once fired brass in bulk quantities at a good price, and those folks have quoted me the Midway price, and when I call Midway to verify, they always seem to be in limited supply or out all together. I have nothing against Midway at all. Supply, demand, and volume I reckon. But I do know the difference in 5.56 and .223. I have quite a lot in both, but always willing to buy at the best price. Just check around is all I'm saying. Those dealers who have bought at market prices a couple of months ago will still have better prices. Those who do volume business likely have to replenish the supply at a higher cost and pass it on to the consumer. This makes sense.
    I took no offense at all to anything you said. I also didnt mean to suggest you were an ammo newby but rather one who calls .223 the same as 5.56mm. Some do that and even I have buddies who have shot guns for more years than I have been alive dont know there is a difference however minute.

Anyway, everywhere I have looked it is all about the same price? The only cheap ammo I see is Wolf, which I wont even let near my guns, but every where I look is about the same price on real 5.56mm. So, that being said I always choose either MIdWayUSA or ATG , I guess because I have grown to trust them.

Sponsored Links