.38spl snake loads???? - Page 2

.38spl snake loads????

This is a discussion on .38spl snake loads???? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most snakebites occur to people who are obsessed with teasing, harassing, or killing snakes. A form of karmactic justice, IMO....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .38spl snake loads????

Most snakebites occur to people who are obsessed with teasing, harassing, or killing snakes. A form of karmactic justice, IMO.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

I tried the CCI shot in the range once. Works pretty much as advertised. Be aware that due to the rifling you get a somewhat donut shaped patters at larger distances.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    My dearly departed Daddy always said,"There is something very WRONG with someone that likes to play with snakes".

Administrator

Absolutely do some tests in your particular handgun.
    They are fun as all get out to shoot but, they are not very powerful and penetration is incredibly poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    Thanks msgt/ret. Hmm 1000 fps, #9 shot, good out to about 15 feet. I will have to buy some of these. I wonder if they will take care of rattlers......

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    I tried the CCI shot in the range once. Works pretty much as advertised. Be aware that due to the rifling you get a somewhat donut shaped patters at larger distances.
    Hmmm. Kinda like the Taurus Judge...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Great article on rolling your own topped with a lead ball instead of a plastic capsule. If I were going to carry some these would be it. If you don't reload and know someone who does you might be able to work out a deal where you supply the materials (and do the cutting of the wadding and they load them up and you split the results. The same idea they show can be used for any revolver cartridge.

Snake Stopper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    My dearly departed Daddy always said,"There is something very WRONG with someone that likes to play with snakes".
    I resemeble that remark. I'll never understand the obsession with killing something just because its there. Why are snakes hated so bad? Never killed one in my life.

If the snake is near your home or livestock I can see culling them. Out in the woods not so much. If a snake is 10 feet away from me then he's not bothering me and I have no reason to shoot it unless I were climbing a steep trail and the snake was blocking it and the terrain made it impossible to go around. The Tongue Mountain range by Lake George NY is loaded with rattlers and just such terrain. Out of all the places I've hiked it was the only place where carrying snake shot would have made me feel better, but I didn't have my CCW permit at the time.

I think if I have time to draw and shoot it I probably have time to back away from it and let it go on about its day while I continue on mine.

I'm glad the snakes are out there controlling the rats and mice. At least snakes don't carry diseases and try to get into the house and eat the chocolate chips in the baking cupboard :).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links