Shortage of WWB?

This is a discussion on Shortage of WWB? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Remember - 2a talks about guns - not ammo...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortage of WWB?

Remember - 2a talks about guns - not ammo

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    Remember - 2a talks about guns - not ammo
    Wishful thinking. If you think O-man is not going to incorporate ammo legislation in with the rest of his anti-gun nonsense, then I'll be happy to take any .45ACP off your hands now
    HK45c V1

Exactly the opposite. I fully expect massive changes to ammo because it isn't mentioned in the 2a. I'm sure this will kick off a long court battle and, depending on who gets to pick the next few justices in the court, will help decide if the founders really were thinking ammo as well as guns. A bit off topic but you were the OP. :)

Exactly the opposite. I fully expect massive changes to ammo because it isn't mentioned in the 2a. I'm sure this will kick off a long court battle and, depending on who gets to pick the next few justices in the court, will help decide if the founders really were thinking ammo as well as guns. A bit off topic but you were the OP. :)
    Not OT at all
    Regardless of how the political and legal aspects play out, the fear of the 'what-if' will perpetuate itself (as it apparently already has) and manifest itself with empty ammo shelves.
    HK45c V1

does it make sence to say we have a right to own a car but deny us gasoline?

WM is like a weed....

This is just crazy

Watching the Growth of Walmart Across America
    counter in the top left is the total number of stores

You'd think with all the WM's, someone around here would have some .45ACP
    HK45c V1

I'd just mark it up to the increased gun sales which naturally results in more shooting...

As far as this ammo ban issue we have to remember the greed factor. If the bullet market thought there was impending legislation that at a date certain they can no longer sell the current ammo they will endeavor to supply the demand as most would hoard ammo if they new and others would just buy, oblivious to the fact. The greed comes in where, once (assuming it happens) the masses learn they must "dispose' of their ammo then that creates a demand or market for the new ammo. I just can't see the vendors stopping production based on questionable legislation that not out of the starting block.

$0.02
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Actually the 2nd speaks to "Arms" not "Guns," written in a time of flintlocks, ball, and powder, Bayonets and Swords, Even pikes and halberds were still issued and used. I think you will find the courts friendly to the argument that ammo is included in the "Arms" as intended by the framers.

Just one more court battle to fight.

There were 8 boxes of .45 acp in WWB at one of the WM's here in Wichita. I bought 2. Now, there's 6.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

I think there are actually a couple of reasons why several of the Wal-Marts are low on ammo. The election and Christmas. I hit our local Wal-Mart a couple of days after Christmas and bought the only two remaining boxes of 40 WWB. Their shelves were almost bare. Asked the clerk about it and he said with the Christmas rush, even their distribution centers had run out of ammunition and were just starting to get some shipments back in. Hopefully, the shelves will fill back up shortly. If they don't, I may actually have to set at the bench and start reloading all of the brass that I've been gathering up.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Senior Moderator
    I think a lot of this is simply the 'first of the year' inventory reduction and regrouping, and the Obama effect with people buying more guns and hence more ammo.

Let's not panic yet; I'm thinkin' as the new year settles in the stock will come back up.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I think a lot of this is simply the 'first of the year' inventory reduction and regrouping, and the Obama effect with people buying more guns and hence more ammo.

Let's not panic yet; I'm thinkin' as the new year settles in the stock will come back up.
    Got an unofficial report from Tucson that WWB 100 pack has gone up to $33.xx BEFORE tax. Assuming Walmarts across the country are uniform in their pricing (and I think they are), this is not good.....
    HK45c V1

the ammo situation is getting crazy.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Got an unofficial report from Tucson that WWB 100 pack has gone up to $33.xx BEFORE tax. Assuming Walmarts across the country are uniform in their pricing (and I think they are), this is not good.....
    How unoffical was it?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    How unoffical was it?
    Well, I haven't personally confirmed, but an acquaintance just told me about it yesterday. No reason to make it up, so I guess it's semi-official
    HK45c V1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links