Shortage of WWB? - Page 3

Shortage of WWB?

This is a discussion on Shortage of WWB? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't thimk that will happen if does I'll destroy em down range PS it's all B/S OBOMA...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shortage of WWB?

I don't thimk that will happen if does I'll destroy em down range PS it's all B/S OBOMA

If that price is not sanctioned by the government, it is not official.

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    What is really gonna suck is that if this Ammo Encoding legislation gets passed at the Federal level all that ammo we bought will have to be destroyed by 2011.
    All what ammo...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Really, who is going to check each and every round we own? Maybe that is part os the proposed 600,000 federal jobs BHO mentioned.
    So sick of this BS! It is time to revive the Constitution of the United States, get rid of the idiots supporting crap legislation like this, and get on with the business of living in a free country.
    Remember: The 2nd Amendment is primarily there to protect us from our own government!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I think a lot of this is simply the 'first of the year' inventory reduction and regrouping, and the Obama effect with people buying more guns and hence more ammo.

Let's not panic yet; I'm thinkin' as the new year settles in the stock will come back up.
    Bingo! A Wal Mart employee actually told me last Sunday that the stores were stocking as little as possible due to inventory. They gotta pay taxes on their stock so the stock is down. I expect it is exactly what you've stated.

We'll see stock again soon enough. I hope.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Got an unofficial report from Tucson that WWB 100 pack has gone up to $33.xx BEFORE tax. Assuming Walmarts across the country are uniform in their pricing (and I think they are), this is not good.....
    Not that uniform. I can get WWB 9mm for $19.97 at 2 Wally's near me and $20.97 at 2 others. Dont know why that is but I do agree with you because Ive been to WalMarts in several states and the prices were always either dead on or really close.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Bingo! A Wal Mart employee actually told me last Sunday that the stores were stocking as little as possible due to inventory. They gotta pay taxes on their stock so the stock is down. I expect it is exactly what you've stated.

We'll see stock again soon enough. I hope.
    I went by another local Walmart yesterday. All out of .45ACP. The employee working the counter showed me a printout of an e-mail from corporate essentially saying they cannot keep inventory up with demand. They do not know when they'll be getting in more stock and "to NOT repeatedly call corporate to inquire as we do not know". Not very reassuring....

I found the last 4 boxes of Blazer near my work today. Snatched it up. Used to be easy peezy to pick up a few hundred rounds only 2 months ago. Now I'm scrounging to get 50.
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Not that uniform. I can get WWB 9mm for $19.97 at 2 Wally's near me and $20.97 at 2 others. Dont know why that is but I do agree with you because Ive been to WalMarts in several states and the prices were always either dead on or really close.
    Sorry, I was referring to .45ACP. If that cost $19.97, I'll be moving next door to you
    HK45c V1

If Wal*Mart excels at anything, it's giving the customer what they want (except service). Give them a chance, they'll restock. They seem to have "rolling blackouts" in areas. Mine is loaded again. (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    I went by another local Walmart yesterday. All out of .45ACP. The employee working the counter showed me a printout of an e-mail from corporate essentially saying they cannot keep inventory up with demand. They do not know when they'll be getting in more stock and "to NOT repeatedly call corporate to inquire as we do not know". Not very reassuring....

I found the last 4 boxes of Blazer near my work today. Snatched it up. Used to be easy peezy to pick up a few hundred rounds only 2 months ago. Now I'm scrounging to get 50.
    Oh I gotcha there bone...

They have not had any 9mm JHP's in a few months and everytime I go in they just tell me the warehouse is out since they know Ill be asking (yes I know most of the folks at my locals)

There has been plenty of WWB as I said through the 4 stores close to me. So Im just stocking up on that. In a SHTF situation no one wants to get shot. Not even by a FMJ. hehe

Im sure stock will be beack up soon enough.
    New tunes added.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    If Wal*Mart excels at anything, it's giving the customer what they want (except service). Give them a chance, they'll restock. They seem to have "rolling blackouts" in areas. Mine is loaded again. (pun intended)
    While my local is still of WWB, they just hit the motherload on Blazer Brass. Finally, 9mm brass. I just picked up 6 boxes @ 8.97. The lady said she just got 160 boxes in and doesnt expect to be out of supply any time soon. She said she also got loaded down with .40 and .45. Quite a relief since I visited a different WM earlier this morning and they were clean out of everything but .22.

Welllllllllllllll, I've got 3 Super Wally Worlds within 15 miles of me. Two out of three were TOTALLY out of WWB 9mm 115 gr FMJ. The third Wally World had one box of 100 and 9 boxes of 50....NOW THE THIRD WALLY WORLD IS OUT cause I bought all of em.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Welllllllllllllll, I've got 3 Super Wally Worlds within 15 miles of me. Two out of three were TOTALLY out of WWB 9mm 115 gr FMJ. The third Wally World had one box of 100 and 9 boxes of 50....NOW THE THIRD WALLY WORLD IS OUT cause I bought all of em.
    So it was you!!!! I was bummed when there was no 9mm in Florence a week ago LOL

Both Wallys right near me are now out too. I stopped in yesterday. Bummer. I stopped in at Carolina Sportsman and they assured me that they just got back from a show and that by the end of the week there will be plenty of JHP 9mm in their shop.

Im really hoping the shortage has to do with the show, and how companies order for the year.
    New tunes added.

Went into the Super Skel-Mart near me last Friday. The only ammo on the shelves was a few boxes of rifle ammo (typical hunting calibers).
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links