Shortage of WWB?

Shortage of WWB?

This is a discussion on Shortage of WWB? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to pick up a few hundred rounds of WWB at a Walmart across town (near my gun range). Nothing. Been out for days (maybe ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortage of WWB?

Shortage of WWB?

Went to pick up a few hundred rounds of WWB at a Walmart across town (near my gun range). Nothing. Been out for days (maybe weeks?).
    Okay. Check the Wally World by me. Also nothing.
    Both have been 'expecting a shipment any day'. Very disconcerting.

Is there a country-wide WWB shortage?
    HK45c V1

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Southern California seems to have been short on it even 8 months ago. I was only looking for .40S&W though.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Not here in Raleigh-Durham, NC
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Just stopped at Walmart in central PA today and I think they had one box of 9mm left. I've never seen their shelves that empty. Must be something going on. Probably like the price of gas; make the stuff scarce and you can raise the price. Of course, there is competition in the bullet market--I think.

I've got three 'local' Wally Worlds at my disposal. And I generally only use two of them. Got another 100ct bulk box WWB 45acp this past week (since I did the test), and my closest WM always has good stock on the WWB in 9mm...but $1 more than the WM that's farther away. I'm usually willing to go the miles to get to the better price WM, and they also have beer, and better prices on everything. My furthest WM sells firearms, but I don't go there often as it's the black hole of traffic nightmares...maybe four times in the past year. Today's trip netted me two boxes of Blazer Brass in 9mm even though they had 9mm, 40S&W, and 45acp in the Blazer Brass. I'm gimping along on $40 until Friday and have to work tomorrow and Thursday and put gas in the car for that. 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm is actually cheaper than the WWB 100ct box by at least a buck. But I did notice that their stock of WWB was sort of lacking today and mainly had the 50ct boxes of everything but in short supply. 38spl, 357, and 44 mag seemed to be the most in stock. But if I know my local WM's, this won't be for long, and if I go back this Friday they'll probably have plenty again. Seems like they always do. And if they don't, I guess I'll go the dollar more for my closest WM for the semi-weekly buy on ammo. Shortage of WWB? Not here....not yet. But then again, we's lives in Arkansas, and it takes a while for us to catch up to the rest of the world. There's no place I'd rather be.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    My WM was out until yesterday. The guy behind the counter said demand was up, but management decided to let the stock go until after year-end inventory. That must have just occurred as the shelves were back to normal - including reloading stuff. BTW - he also said WM is getting OUT of the (rifle) reloading biz - soon; and the prices on ammo are increasing (again) March 1. Maybe it's the Bloomberg factor.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I've never noticed any "shortage" of ammo at any of my walmarts until last friday. I went to pick up a couple 100 packs of .45 and there were none on the shelf. They were also out of 9mm and .40 as well. In fact about the only thing they did have was some shotgun shells. I had to go to the other one to get my ammo. I've seen these threads for a while but never experienced it until now.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    I've seen these threads for a while but never experienced it until now.
    Sarge
    Me neither. Every single time I've gone in the past, they always have several boxes stacked behind the counter or in the back. I also called a few local WM's and they're all out too. Is there a zombie attack coming and no one told me?
    HK45c V1

What is really gonna suck is that if this Ammo Encoding legislation gets passed at the Federal level all that ammo we bought will have to be destroyed by 2011.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    What is really gonna suck is that if this Ammo Encoding legislation gets passed at the Federal level all that ammo we bought will have to be destroyed by 2011.
    WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    WHAT?
    Synopsis As Introduced
    Creates the Regulated Firearms Encoded Ammunition Act and amends the State Finance Act. Provides that a manufacturer of ammunition for handguns and certain specified assault weapons sold in this State after January 1, 2009 must encode the ammunition in such a manner that the Director of State Police establishes. Provides that ammunition contained in one ammunition box may not be labeled with the same serial number as the ammunition contained in any other ammunition box from the same manufacturer. Provides that on or before January 1, 2011, an owner of ammunition for use in a regulated firearm that is not encoded by the manufacturer shall dispose of the ammunition. Provides that beginning on January 1, 2009, the Director of State Police shall establish and maintain an encoded ammunition database. Creates the Ammunition Accountability Fund as a special fund in the State treasury. Provides that subject to appropriation, the Department of State Police may use moneys from the Fund to establish and maintain the encoded ammunition database. Provides that beginning January 1, 2009, each person selling encoded ammunition at retail in this State shall collect from retail customers a fee of $0.05 for each round that is sold and delivered in this State. Establishes civil and criminal penalties for violations of the Regulated Firearms Encoded Ammunition Act. Effective January 1, 2009.

People say that it will never happen and that we need tin foil hats, but the truth is that over 13 states have introduced it. If just one of those states approves it, then there is your precedent.

Well, east coast, west coast, they both seem to be working on uneducated stupidity. Don't blame me cause I'm innocent of these corporate things. But any time you all feel the need to make a stand, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, east coast, west coast, they both seem to be working on uneducated stupidity. Don't blame me cause I'm innocent of these corporate things. But any time you all feel the need to make a stand, just let me know.
    Hopefully all those gun owners who voted for Obama will make that stand when he starts his tirade on the 2nd amendment, first with ammo then with an amended AWB.

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Hopefully all those gun owners who voted for Obama will make that stand when he starts his tirade on the 2nd amendment, first with ammo then with an amended AWB.
    All those gun owners that voted for O? If there were, I'd distance myself from them. they have no place now...and if they are the ones buying up the ammo, and guns, then I'd say their fun is going to be short-lived. Me? I want to be the party pooper! Just remember your friends and foes.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; January 7th, 2009 at 05:08 AM.

This is all very disturbing. The more I think about it, the more it troubles me. Living in AZ, one of the most, if not THE most, gun friendly states and a shortage of ammo? On the one hand, more gun owners=more demand=less on the shelves. But the fact that this is the first time I've seen this coupled with the upcoming inauguration....all things firearms related will become more difficult to do and, of course, more expensive. Just when the price of gas came down enough to enjoy my car once again, this happens.....Grrrrrrrrrrrr
    HK45c V1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links