Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to Wally World yesterday in Monroe, NC and man the shelves were bare. They did have the 15 round Remington Boxes of 00 ...

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

I went to Wally World yesterday in Monroe, NC and man the shelves were bare. They did have the 15 round Remington Boxes of 00 buck but I didnt buy any.

Last Thursday in Hartsville they had just got a shipment of WWB in every size. I got some 9mm but left the rest for someone else as Ive got a bunch.

Ill check Hartsville and Cheraw tomorrow.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

Cool

The High Point, NC Walmarts have had very low supplies for a couple of months. Absolutely zero hollow points in 45 or 9mm.

Went to Wally-World today and the only handgun ammo they had was .22! This is proof that anyone can be categorized as 'sheeple' if you spook them about the right thing. Prices will rise and fall, supplies will dwindle, its the nature of economics. I dont see the reason to panic and make a run on ammo, all that does is make it harder for others to buy. This is the same thing that happened a few months ago with gas.
    XD-40 4"

The road goes nowhere for those who dare not dream.

Race City WM had nada and has had nada for several weeks. Their 100ct .45 are $29, it killed me yesterday to pay $23 for 50ct as the range.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I went to 3 different Walmart super centers yesterday after getting the new XD. I wanted to get a couple of boxes of .40 WWB but, none to be had at all. I ended up buying 4 boxes of Blazer Brass. Not much more in price, but at least they had it. After I bought the 4 boxes, they had 3 more left.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Bought the lats 3 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr from the Altavista, VA wally world last night. This is quite annoying.

Last year I could walk into any WalMart SuperStore in Albuquerque,NM and buy as much 9mm and .45 ACP WWB ammo as I wanted. After a long break I started shopping for ammo again, and over the past few weeks have only found 9mm WWB in stock once (5 boxes of 100), and .45 ACP once (1 box of 100). One clerk says they get more in a couple of times a week and they always sell out quickly.

FWIW, YMMV. COD, DOA, AWOL...

I called Gander Mountain and Dicks Sporting Goods here in Saginaw, MI they wanted for Winchester FMJ. 27 bucks for 50 rounds of .40. Went to walmart and got lucky they had 4 box of 40 cal left. 2 of 165g and 2 of 180g for the low low price of $17 a box. I figured the price diffrence and the fact i seen this thread about them not stocking I bought all 4 boxes. I just hope they restock how can other companys get away with charge $10 more? I can see maybe 2 bucks but not 10.

The WM near the range I go to got a shipment of ammo in on Wednesday (so I was told) but it was gone by today. There's another WM near my home I need to stop by AGAIN - last time I was there all they had was .22s. Fortunately, the nearby Sportsmans Warehouse got a delivery of Speer Gold Dots - I haven't been able to buy any 9mm HPs in months. I've been carrying ball ammo which doesn't thrill me. At least I can fill the mags with some GDHPs now.

Try Natchez Shooters Supplies

Great prices and fast shipping

Quote Originally Posted by hdawson View Post
    The High Point, NC Walmarts have had very low supplies for a couple of months. Absolutely zero hollow points in 45 or 9mm.
    Yeah, none of the stores have had HP's for a few months now.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

This is a new one for me. I went to my local Wally-world today for some other crap and just popped over to the ammo section to see what the current prices were. I was shocked to see empty shelves in the handgun ammo area. The clerk said they have not been able to get ammo from the distribution center for almost four weeks. Maybe they know something we don't?

Well one of the Walmarts in my area finally got a shipment of 45ACP. They only had 4 boxes for the 100ct WWB 230gr. I picked up 2 of them left 2 for the next guy :). The only hand gun ammo they had, was 12 boxes of 9mm WWB 100 ct for 19.97 and 32acp Remington UMC 1 box of 50ct.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

I gave up on WalMart and order online in bulk now. Most of the time from Ammunitiontogo and once in a while from Georgia Arms.

I think the problem is high demand, not any change in the way WalMart supplies its stores. Maybe eventually they will start sending more down into the stores but it looks like all retailers have problems keeping ammunition in stock.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Wink Try Natchezss !

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    I gave up on WalMart and order online in bulk now. Most of the time from Ammunitiontogo and once in a while from Georgia Arms.
    I have had some AWESOME luck with Natchez Shooters Supplies
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links