Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) - Page 4

Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw this post and called a buddy of mine who manages some stores back east and he said that the above information was not ...

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

I saw this post and called a buddy of mine who manages some stores back east and he said that the above information was not true in fact Walmart was trying to buy up a lot of ammo but finding it is hard. Most of there supplyers are having a hard time getting it.

as pointed out for many years now wallyworld lowballz the suppliers. with limited supply/high residual demand they have no reason to kowtow @ wallmarts bid. their shelves shall continue to remain barren.

Blazer Brass

I emailed Blazer and asked them if the 9mm product (5200) will continue to be stocked by Walmart.
    They said absolutely and if Walmart was out,I should ask them to order it for me from their (Walmart's) distribution warehouse.
    I'm sure the shortages are due to to demand nationally outstripping supply.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I visited three walmarts today in reno, and 99% of pistol ammo is gone. lots of shotgun and rifle. plenty of .223 at one store. Then went to scheels and they had full shelves, so we bought plenty.
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

Wink Gun show today...

I went to the gun show today here in South Florida. ONE box of 460 Winchester (20rds) cost me $55! I can beat that by about 50% online at a variety of sources. I did buy that box because it was 275gr and the best I can do online for $24 is the 200gr 460. I wanted one box of the heavy stuff at least. I'm still looking for a reasonably priced box of 300gr 460, too. This isn't a gun I'm planning on shooting a lot, but I do want a gun with which I can take big game, or dangerous game if it becomes necessary. I want a buffer so I'm collecting 100rds of each caliber it fires. 45 Colt is easy. Pretty cheap, too. Now I've got 60rds of the 454 Casull and 60rds of 460. So I have about 80 more rounds to buy and I'll do that online a little at a time. I'll also get the family to help by giving them an easy choice for Father's day, my upcoming birthday and next Christmas if things don't go SOUTH by then.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I went to the Walmart in Altamonte Fl. and they had no 9mm white box . The only thing they did have was .22 cal and .45acp. It might be due to the Christmas rush .

Sent an E mail to their home office and ask what is going on. I just sent one and am waiting on a reply.We can all guess or we can send an E mail and get our information from the source.

Wow I just paid $1/round for some ammo and it hurt, I am glad I stuck with the less expensive calibers.

I went to Walmart today and they are out of every thing but 45acp.This was the altamonte Florida store. I'm still waiting on a return E mail from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I went to Walmart today and they are out of every thing but 45acp.This was the altamonte Florida store. I'm still waiting on a return E mail from Walmart.
    Well that just figures. Every Phoenix Walmart seems to have everything but 45 acp
    HK45c V1

some remington products seem to be coming in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    some remington products seem to be coming in stock.
    Yup... I saw a few cases of several things yesterday at one of my local WM's
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

VIP Member
    I went to the walmart near where I live and out of 38 spcl, 357, 9mm and 40. Lots of 45 (Remington yellow 250 count at $89) shotgun shells, 30-30 and 22 were plentiful. Some 357 sig was also available
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I picked up 3 boxes of REM 223 (50rd) at WalMart this evening.

Ck'd three Walmarts (Savannah) in the last two days. Out of stock on about 95% of everything. Clerk last night said they haven't been allowed to reorder.?? They did have a fair amount of 22lr, but I've got about 5k rds already. The 223 was 25.97ea.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

All of the W/M in the Knoxville area are the same way, not much on the shelves. I regulary buy from one store and asked the clerk today what the issue was. He stated that it was on order just not coming in. But I know W/M and they will tell their employees what to say.
    All of this does raise a big question for me, If this "shortage" is in fact do to the election, what would the "supply chain" look like if things really did get crazy? May be I need to but back just a little more..
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Links