Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wal-Mart in Fayetteville (Skibo Rd) continues to have Winchester and Federal .40, .45 and 9MM ammo. It figures as I am about to move and ...

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Wal-Mart in Fayetteville (Skibo Rd) continues to have Winchester and Federal .40, .45 and 9MM ammo.

It figures as I am about to move and relocate to another state that ammo would start becoming more abundant here.

That means Clarksville, TN will now start experiencing ammo shortages!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

2. Remove Ads

I've had luck in Shreveport. .40 and 9mm on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Wal-Mart in Fayetteville (Skibo Rd) continues to have Winchester and Federal .40, .45 and 9MM ammo.

It figures as I am about to move and relocate to another state that ammo would start becoming more abundant here.

That means Clarksville, TN will now start experiencing ammo shortages!
    We're still under one here if you're only going to be buying at walmarts. The gun stores seem to be able to keep ammo in stock, but of course they're more expensive.

I haven't seen any pistol ammo at my local (Sango area) walmart for almost 2 months now. It was picking up, then it just seemed to drop off completely there. Good luck and welcome to town when you get here!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I picked up some 9 and 40 at the West Kendall (Miami) store. They seem to be getting shipments almost daily.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Have yet to find any handgun ammo at walmart with the exception of one box of .45. A few boxes of 7.62, but plenty of birdshot!! Walmart is always out when I visit...
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

jon
    My Wal-mart is hit or miss still.
    They say they are getting a few cases in each week.
    Some times I go and the 9mm, .40, .45 are all full.
    The next day completely empty.
    Also havn't seen .38 Special in at least 3 months.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    My two closest Wal-mart stores and the local shops have been having a bear of a time restocking anything at all in handgun calibers for at least nine months now. The one store that has had 9mm ammo with any sort of consistency is the local general store and they sell standard FMJ for over $15 per 50 rounds.

The Wal Mart in Sierra Vista AZ and Benson AZ seem to be finally getting some ammo in, just not a lot. The last time I checked they had WWB .308 WWB, 7.62X39 WWB,. .40 S&W 180 gr and 9mm FMJ in 100 Ct WWB and 9MM-250 Ct in UMC.

HKR
    I usually hit the Walmarts in Northwest Georgia, Northeast Alabama and Tennessee. The only thing I'm not seeing on a regular basis is 12 gauge buckshot. I finally broke down and had the good people at ammunitiontogo send me some.

While I don't think we are anywhere close to the ammo supply we were accustomed to before last fall, it does seem to be slowly getting better.
    There are still plenty of shooters who will buy every round they can find and I think that trend is here to stay. Me, I'm going back to shooting more often and will restock as neccessary.

things have improved abit/

Man, if all these people who are buying it and hoarding it ever stop doing it and working off of their stock, you will see more ammo in the stores than you can shake a stick at. It's bound to happen. When it does, I would suspect that the prices will fall precipitously. Of course, unless something in the political spectrum spooks us all again.

My local Wally World had several boxes of the Federal 40s&w promo load made only for Wal Mart. I heard on one of my podcasts that I listen to that there is sometimes a problem with the jacket separating from the lead core, but I would imagine Federal would make it right. $12.97 per box of 50 -- not bad these days. Hopefull the prices come down as the supply increases...

They had a little of the Rem 7.62x39 soft points, lots of .223, and bricks of .22lr that had been getting scarce.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

We would have some shipments of all common calibers and 308 loads from federal. There is always this same group of people that would buy these rounds and they would come at exactly 0530 in the morning when the shipments are being stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    We would have some shipments of all common calibers and 308 loads from federal. There is always this same group of people that would buy these rounds and they would come at exactly 0530 in the morning when the shipments are being stocked.
    dont that make you mad?

its seems some of the store employees get mad when i just show up out of the blue and ask for ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    My local Wally World had several boxes of the Federal 40s&w promo load made only for Wal Mart. I heard on one of my podcasts that I listen to that there is sometimes a problem with the jacket separating from the lead core, but I would imagine Federal would make it right. $12.97 per box of 50 -- not bad these days.
    Unless the jacket and core are actually bonded together, such separations are not at all uncommon. It's not a warranty issue, just normal physics. I seriously doubt that a "promo" load is using bonded bullets - and you won't get them for $13/50.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links