Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dal1Celt My local WM said that they recieve ammo every day. Just depends on what type comes in that day. He also ...

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    My local WM said that they recieve ammo every day. Just depends on what type comes in that day.

He also said that it's been hard lately to keep certain calibers on the shelf. That's bad for me because it's mainly the 40 S&W that's being snatched up.
    Not here. Tons of 40 but no 9mm.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Not here. Tons of 40 but no 9mm.
    Just the opposite here!

Maybe this is the excuse I need to get a 9MM??

Wonder if the little mrs. would say??
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I checked the WM about 5 miles away on Saturday, and they had nothing in handgun caliber, and not much of anything else.

Today, I went to my WM about 2 miles away and they had about 6-7 boxes of WWB in 9mm. I bought 3. The cashier said that they just can't get it from the warehouse. They order it and sometimes get a little, and sometimes they don't. He says their suppliers can't keep up with the demand.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Mine had no handgun caliber except a box of 250 value pack 45acp.
    I bought it.

A few miles away, they had no handgun caliber ammo except 2 boxes of 9mm blazer brass.
    I bought those too.
    Freemason 1988
    Colt 1911
    Browning
    Springfield
    North American Arms
    N.R.A.

I check each and EVERY time I go in Wally World. Over the past 3 weeks, between two different stores, I've picked up over a 1000 rounds of WWB 9mm FMJ and 300 rounds of WWB JHP 9mm. Box here, 3 boxes there, box of 100 here, 5 boxes of 50 there...It all adds up. Now I've got my 1000 rounds for my Tactical Response class and can continue to build on my SD rounds and FMJ rounds for home practice. "Patience Grasshopper"!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    That is about Par. I am suprised not at all!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Just the opposite here!

Maybe this is the excuse I need to get a 9MM??

Wonder if the little mrs. would say??
    Hey were not that far apart. My band does some gigs at the Dog House up there. Maybe we can buy each other some ammo and meet up? LOL
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I went to my local walmart this morning and the ammo shelves were almost bare. The spot where they keep the 9mm was completely empty. The lady behind the counter asked what I wanted, I told her 9mm but you seem to be out of it. She said no, we have a case right here on the floor, just haven't stocked the shelves yet. She opened the case and sold me a box of wwb, $19.95/100. I would have bought more, but didn't have the cash on me.
    There were also several other cases of different ammo on the floor unopened.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

I carry .38 Spcl Hornady 125 gr XTP. Midway, CTD, ABELS, Cabelas, etc. all are out of stock and don't know when it will be in. Some aren't even taking backorders. I have friends that are having same problem in 9MM and .40 S&W with other brands. I don't know the reason, but there is definetly an ammo shortage right now.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Went to all three wlamarts here today, Academy and Gander MTN. No 9mm, 45, or .223 could be found. A local gun shop had some off brand 0f 9mm for like $45 for box of 50 rds.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

things seem to be ramping up in anticipation of the OBAMA 500% gun & ammo tax.

buy now or never!

did you vote of change?

[QUOTE= I don't know the reason, but there is definetly an ammo shortage right now.[/QUOTE]

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Spotted some more BB 9mm yesterday at the WM in Pinellas Park, FL. Was at the one off of Pondella Rd in Ft Myers today and they had some left also. I should have bought more 9mm but I was on a mission for 12ga today. Bought 2 Federal 100 packs for about $45OTD.

The problem with the "everybody is buying it up because of OHB" theory is that ammo that has never been popular and is always around is not available either. I'm sure part of the shortage is due to a "panic" buy up, but there is more involved than just that.

It feels a lot more like "we'll hold back supplies and then jack up the prices sky high to make more profit" to me. I'm sorry but most of our problems in this country are due to the big business folks and not due to which administration is in. I'm pretty sure the "bean counters" are going to use this election as a scare tactic to reap big profits on guns and ammo, regardless of what the new President does. If he doesn't go ape on gun control outside the AWB ( a good possibility) watch the prices go down and the supply suddenly reappear. Fear of the AWB would drive prices up on ARs and .223 ammo, but it wouldn't make good market sense for it to effect the prices and availability of 5 shot revolvers and .38 Special ammo.

I'll wait a few weeks (I have a supply of ammo at home) and see what happens before I get too crazy about the whole issue. I really do believe it is more likely to be a market ploy than a political impact right now.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Market ploy or political impact, who knows and it really doesn't matter to me. The Blazer Brass is still under $9 a box so I'd be buying it anyway to keep up the range stock. Everytime I hit WM, I buy ammo. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy walking out with more ammo. Now for panic (kidding here), not being able to find any 147g HST, that's got me concerned.

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Links