Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by farronwolf The Walmart I went in today had pretty bare shelves in the ammo department. Gander on the other hand had piles ...

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    The Walmart I went in today had pretty bare shelves in the ammo department. Gander on the other hand had piles of Blazer Brass 9mm for the mere price of 14.99 per box. Wonder why it wasn't selling.
    Uhhhhhhhhhh... Everyone is at Wal*Mart?

At my particular Wal*Mart you can get Blazer Brass 45 for that price, and WWB 100 rounds for $29. Seems as though Billy Bob's uhhhh Gander has priced themselves out of the market...

Maybe all these ammo sales will bring my stock price back up where it belongs...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lowgroove View Post
    Went to two Sprawl-Marts today. Very little left of anything. I did managed to get a hold of 500 rds of .40. An employee showed me a memo that they had received saying (I am paraphrasing here), "Due to the fear of higher taxes and regulations/restrictions they (the manufacturers) have not been able to keep up with the demand for ammo. As the "scare" diminishes product levels should return to normal in the stores."
    Yup, we keep that letter under the Sporting Goods Desk, as a "don't blame us" kind of defense. We also keep it there to have something to show customers that indicates we are not out of the ammo business...

On another note, a neighboring Wal*Mart (lucky enough to sill sell guns) had a Weatherby 300 Mag in their case this week. $500, and it looked like a nice rifle. I didn't know we could get Weatherby until then. Mostly Marlin and Mossberg is what I've seen...

WBY Mags are good for LOOOOOOOONG range self defense!
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post
    I work for Wal*Mart, and I can tell you that we will be getting and keeping ammunition in stock, as best as we can.

The problem is that the gun industry is seeing a "run" on pretty much everything.

Our Warehousing is getting what it can, and it is trickling out to stores. Unfortunately, the demand far outweighs the supply. This is not a Wal*mart issue, it's supply and demand.

Now, I'm sure you are saying, "But Billy Bob's Sport's Shop has it!" Yes, and Billy Bob paid a premium price for it too. Wal*Mart is not going to buy at a higher mark, and price themselves out of the market, like Billy Bob did.

Keep checking back, and make sure you mention to someone on the Management Team that you are waiting to buy. It is possible for a store to make the decision to drop ammo, guns, pet fish, NASCAR stuff, or anything that's not at the core business of a Wal*Mart, so the store needs to know that the local customers WANT the ammo back in stock, and will buy it.

This is almost word for word what an associate in Berea KY told me last week. No one was hiding ammo nor was there any intent on limiting it's availibility. It is simply a case of supply and demand. And right now the demand exceeds the supply. (She was rather nice about the matter..)

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I check a local Wal Mart stores at least twice a week. When I find 9MM ammo I make a point of buying 2-3 boxes of ammo. The next time I go back I find that there are now empty shelves just a few days later. I would sooner buy now and stock up for later when the ammo may not be available in the past.

Found Remington 9 mm in 250 round boxes at Walmart on Forrest City road. There were about 5 boxes and one was being purchased while I was there. There was no Winchester white box of any kind.

My local, having had a nice delivery of 9mm last Friday was down to (2) of the 50 round boxes of WWB and (1) box of Remington.

They had no more boxes of the bulk .22 and some other stuff was gone but they did have some ammo.

The rush is slowing down in some places I think.

That said, I noticed ATG was out of Gold Dots in 9MM today. Bummer.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Last night one of my local Wal-Mart's received a box w/ 10 boxes of 100ct. WWB 9mm. The shipping label on the box had them listed @ $19.95ea. This is a $4 increase over last months pricing. In any event I grabbed 5 boxes and went to the front of the store to check out. I was pleasantly surprised to see them ring up for $15.95ea. I was going to go back and grab the other 5 but I thought it would be nice to leave some for the other vultures.

Stopped by the local Wally World and they were stocked with Remington UMC 9mm as well as Blazer Brass.

They did have stock everything else as well. It's just that I don't have another caliber presently and didn't pay attention to them.
    --never fight with an idiot, for he'll bring you down to his level and beat you by experience.--

"Stupid is forever. You can't change stupidity." - Temple's Basketball Coach John Chaney to the home crowd

Quote Originally Posted by deviceman View Post
    I was going to go back and grab the other 5 but I thought it would be nice to leave some for the other vultures.
    Hurry RUN!!! He left some there!!!

How kind of you to be considerate of your friends.

Price changes do not always take effect instantly, I guess. Either that, of the Department Manager isn't keeping up with his instore markdowns well...

Quote Originally Posted by deviceman View Post
    Last night one of my local Wal-Mart's received a box w/ 10 boxes of 100ct. WWB 9mm. The shipping label on the box had them listed @ $19.95ea. This is a $4 increase over last months pricing. In any event I grabbed 5 boxes and went to the front of the store to check out. I was pleasantly surprised to see them ring up for $15.95ea. I was going to go back and grab the other 5 but I thought it would be nice to leave some for the other vultures.
    Lucky!

WWB has been 19.97 for the 100 count for a long time and about a month ago it went to 20.97 at a few stores.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Stopped by a Wallyworld tonight and they had nothing but rifle and .40 with of course a smattering of .22. The cheapest 9mm they had prices on were 10.47 although not in stock. Not one box of 9mm or .45 ect. Went across town and they had the usual .40 in stock but low and behold they had a shipment of 9mm Blazer 115 grain and I'd guess there were several cases worth. I picked up 4 boxes of 50 for target work and they were priced at $8.97 each. No sign of any 147 grain they claim to carry in 9mm. Oh well.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
    by the clean end"

Stopped by one of my locals today. No 9 or .40 but lots of long gun stuff and they did have .380 and .45 plus some assorted revolver calibers.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Ahhhh, yes... Birds are singing, the afternoon sun is warm and my local WalMart has restocked their .38 spl. Life is good, my friends.

Many bare shelves at Wally World but I did pick up a 250 qty box of Remington UMC 9mm for $48.97 and in WA State plus tax of $4.31 for a grand total of $53.28
    Curious if that is a comparable price around the country?

I went to Walmart in Apopka Florida on Saturday and there were 5 boxes of 40 caliber and quite a few boxes of 357sig. in the case both in Winchester white box. There was no 9mm of any type.

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Links