Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

This is a discussion on Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wal-mart Ammo Stock is not being replenished from their warehouse. Is seems that corporate Wal-mart does not want to have it's warehouse stocked with new ...

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Exclamation Walmart Ammo Supplies Dwindling (Merged)

Wal-mart Ammo Stock is not being replenished from their warehouse. Is seems that corporate Wal-mart does not want to have it's warehouse stocked with new ammunition merchandise after Obama takes office. If Obama issues an executive order halting, restricting, or banning ammo sales, wal-mart and other retailers maybe left with stock they cannot sell at retail or return to their supplier.

Get it while the getting is good!!!!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I haven't noticed that at our Wal-Mart, we have 3 Super Wal-Marts and they seem to have what the usually have, sales are definitely up since people are panicking about this. I hope it doesn't come to pass.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I buy once or twice a week. What each of my local WM's have in stock on any given day is always different. But they usually have something for me and I don't walk out empty handed. I figure if there appears to be some sort of shortage of stock, it's probably just lag time from last year's inventory and panic buying. Getting caught with ammo they can't sell or return to a distributor sounds rather ridiculous to me. If anything, they should stock up as much as they can to have records of it in inventory BEFORE anything stupid happens. Maybe I'm just looking at it the wrong way?

sss
    Where did you find out about this? My local Wal-Mart always seems to be out of .40 S&W ammo, but then again so are all the other sporting goods stores in the Houston area.

Source please? I would imagine what some folks are seeing is some stores keeping as little on shelves because of the inventory that has to be done here soon.

Here in Fayetteville we have several Super Wal Marts, I usually hit up two a week. Ammo supplies here seem to ebb and flow(like normal), but I haven't noticed anything alarmingly low/missing from stock. If something is sold out one day the next time I'm there it's usually re-stocked!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    ...I would imagine what some folks are seeing is some stores keeping as little on shelves because of the inventory that has to be done here soon.
    Me too, plus indecision over the ailing economy, and first of the year SOP.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

3 of my local Walmarts have not received 9mm HP's in at least 3 weeks. I check every few days. Don't know what is going on but I am not happy about it.

VIP Member
    The amount of ammo on the shelve at any one time is going to vary. Many things effect it, demand for ammo, weather conditions from shipping point, time of the year. As to a Obama issued EO, he legally can't. EO pertain to the running of federal agencies, they cannot be used to create laws.

However, the Supreme Court ruled in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952) that Executive Order 10340 from President Harry S. Truman placing all steel mills in the country under federal control was invalid because it attempted to make law, rather than clarify or act to further a law put forth by the Congress or the Constitution.

Wal Mart stores within 30 miles of me are out of almost all ammo, they tell me they are expecting a shipment at any time, or it's on order, yet it never arrives, "Me thinks something is afoot! Sherlock.
    No ammo at wally worlds Space Coast stores.

Agreed, a citation of source is requested and required for such a statement of broad importance.

- Janq is going to Wal Mart tonight, to buy the rest of whatever might be available in 9, 45, and .223
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Agreed, a citation of source is requested and required for such a statement of broad importance.

- Janq is going to Wal Mart tonight, to buy the rest of whatever might be available in 9, 45, and .223
    Yup. A source other than the guy working behind the counter is in order here.

And BTW Janq, gotta love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. Very Costanza-like
    HK45c V1

Same-same in OK. Folks, if Wally World, in Oklahoma, isn't replenishing .30-30 ammo in 48* funk ariseth...

Some wally store shelves are quite barren others aren't so bad. Almost all ammo sources are having difficulty keeping stocked.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I just walked in from my trip to Wal Mart.

My local store is sold out of all pistol level centerfire except for 1 box of .38 special, 1 brick of .40 S&W, roughly ten boxes of WWB 124 gr. FMJ in 50 round packs, and two boxes of 115 gr. Blazer also in 50 rd. boxes.
    The rest is a _lot_ of .22 which I did not buy as I have close to 5K rounds of that alone amongst various boxes and caches. That was all for pistol. The shelf was picked clean.
    I bought the last box of WWB .223 which was in 45 gr. The rest was 30-06 and .308 as well as 7MM which I thought was weird for them to stock. And they have a ton of shotgun ammo in 12 and 20 gauge.
    The sports counter manage helped me so I asked if they are going to get a resupply and his response was; "We always are resupplied with ammo!".

:shrug:

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links