Extreme Shock Ammo

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All I can see is the prosecutor exclaiming..."You used EXTREME SHOCK?! Sir, surely you EXTREMELY meant to be a vigilante and went out looking to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammo

All I can see is the prosecutor exclaiming..."You used EXTREME SHOCK?! Sir, surely you EXTREMELY meant to be a vigilante and went out looking to deal some hard core mall ninja like action on that poor innocent law abiding upstanding young man with the pants around his ankles"

No Thanks
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I sure wouldn't waste my money on that stuff. Carry some good ammo like Gold Dots, HST or Corbon DPX to name just a few.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHerd View Post
    I don't know much about this bullet but I do know that who ever came up with the name "Extreme Shock" didn't learn much from the "Black Talon" fiasco. I would steer clear of this round just because I wouldn't want to have to defend myself in court after shooting someone with an Extreme Shock bullet as opposed to a Gold Dot, HST, or even a Golden Sabre. Having testified at many a trial I know how lawyers can spin seemingly little non-issues like the evil sounding name of a bullet into a major issue, that's what they're paid to do. Look at it from the ballistically ignorant juror's point of view when the attorney dramatically says to them "this reckless gun toting maniac shot my poor defenseless client (read multiple offense armed robber) with an EXTREME SHOCK death bullet!". I think an overly dramatic sounding name like Extreme Shock would go allot further for an attorney than Gold Dot, why give them that ammo (pun intended). Again; just my opinion...
    You said it far better than I could hope to.

I too will pass on this over-priced, IMHO, ammo that makes ridiculous claims and has an ad/webpage full of mall ninjas.

Biker

at the price they want, those bullets should be equipped with heat seeking, smart bomb tech.

"EXTREME MARKETING AMMO" is what they should call it. they're almost as laughable as "Dork Ops" knife ads:

Dark Ops Knives are made from a proprietary hybrid alloy of Chromium, Cobalt, Tungsten, Vanadium, and Molybdenum with surgical grade stainless steel! CTV2 offers both strength and edge holding ability that is unrivaled! Zone selective cryogenic hardening allows for medical grade edge sharpness while avoiding the brittleness of high Rockwell hardness!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I think to call the guy who runs the Box o' truth a mall ninja is a tremendous disservice. The Box has provided a lot of great information over the past few years, and I for one appreciate it.

I remember reading about its claims on a thread here a couple of years ago.
    Nah ! I'd stick with buffalo bore or gold dot...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Well then, I guest I will be making some hamemade gelatin and shooting it that way.
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

Get yourself a good hollow point and keep it moving.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I think to call the guy who runs the Box o' truth a mall ninja is a tremendous disservice. The Box has provided a lot of great information over the past few years, and I for one appreciate it.
    Did someone edit their post? I can't find anyone calling the Box o' Truth guy a mall ninja. Did I miss something?

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

no, i think squawker just misread a post. no one called the Box'o'truth guy a mall ninja.

I think he was reffering to my previous post.

If so, I think he needs a reading comprehension test. I called the guys in the add for Extreme Shock mall ninjas. At least that's how they appear to me, and I find their advertising silly, to say the least.

Biker

Administrator
    I laugh every time I see their adds. IMO, if they have to use some variation of the word "Extreme" to sell the product, it is not, except maybe extreme crap.

The "extreme" marketing gimmick might work for selling Mt. Dew, garbage beef jerky or drive thru Tacos, but the SD business is a little more serious than that. If the manufacture doesn't take their own product seriously, how do they expect the consumer to?
    "Just blame Sixto"

In theory I agree with them, and thanks for the post.

I use a Nosler ballistic tip for hunting because its rapid expansion delivers allot of energy to the critter I’m trying to put down, but it also will penetrate all the way through.

In taking over 50 deer, hogs, and exotics with it I know it works, and I know I can rely upon it.

Not only does a bullet have to expand, it has to penetrate, clothing and bone to reach the vitals

So for me, like others have said, I’ll stick with tried and true Hydro Shok, Corbon, or Winchester T’s until these new rounds have a proven track record.

I think the most difficult thing for me to understand about this ammo is, quite frankly, just how good can it be. Even assuming all of their claims are accurate, just how much of an improvement is it and can that improvement possibly justify the cost. It's not like the only ammunition available to us is loaded with cast lead bullets. When you can buy 40 S&W ammo for:
    Federal Tactical HST @ .50 each
    Remington Golden Saber @ .60 each
    Winchester Ranger T @ .50 each
    what could possibly make these bullets worth $1.82 each! I can't fathom any performance improvement over the rounds I listed that could make them worth the cost difference unless they are laser guided.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Question REICHER's question

I believe Reicher was asking for feedback based on EXPERIENCE
    with EXTREME SHOCK AMMO, all I'm reading here are OPINIONS
    based on ASSUMPTIONS. I'm interested in this ammo as well, so
    if someone who has actually tried this stuff could give us some
    honest feedback based on actual results, that would be deeply
    appreciated. THANKS
    Last edited by JSHANS52; March 27th, 2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: grammer correction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links