Extreme Shock Ammo

Extreme Shock Ammo

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at Scheels buying ammo for the future downfall of our country, when a sales man pointed out their new line on ammo (extreme ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammo

Extreme Shock Ammo

I was at Scheels buying ammo for the future downfall of our country, when a sales man pointed out their new line on ammo (extreme shock). And since my PD ammo was over a year old, i decided to buy some. $40 for twenty .40 cal, and $30 for twenty .38. At about $2 a pop it should stop a freight train. On their website, they show a 505# boar stopped with a 9mm.

I have read the internet stuff about this ammo, have any of you had experience with this ammo?

Extreme Shock - The World's Most Advanced Ammunition
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

Quote Originally Posted by Reicher View Post
    $40 for twenty .40 cal

WOW!

you can get Gold Dots for a little over $25 for 50 rounds at any number of places.

"Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

General consensus is that it is overpriced and not nearly as good as advertised. I'd stick with more commonly used defensive ammo with better track records, like corbon or HST.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I clicked on the link. All you need to know is that their home page has three mall ninjas in tac gear surrounded by blue lightning. The little labels that say agent on their vests is a nice touch too. Gecko is that you......
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" is an expression that could apply to the purchase of Extreme Shock ammo. Funny, they used to use the same image of the boar to claim the ammo was "battle proven." Apparently taking a hog is the same thing as battle to the folks at Extreme Shock.

Yes Reicher, they make amazing claims. Big deal. You know there are those who hunt hogs with .22 lr, right? And, they are successful with it.

They use terms like "explosive" and "shaped charge" when their rounds contain neither explosives or shaped charges. Surely you don't buy the crap sales pitch, do you?
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I don't know much about this bullet but I do know that who ever came up with the name "Extreme Shock" didn't learn much from the "Black Talon" fiasco. I would steer clear of this round just because I wouldn't want to have to defend myself in court after shooting someone with an Extreme Shock bullet as opposed to a Gold Dot, HST, or even a Golden Sabre. Having testified at many a trial I know how lawyers can spin seemingly little non-issues like the evil sounding name of a bullet into a major issue, that's what they're paid to do. Look at it from the ballistically ignorant juror's point of view when the attorney dramatically says to them "this reckless gun toting maniac shot my poor defenseless client (read multiple offense armed robber) with an EXTREME SHOCK death bullet!". I think an overly dramatic sounding name like Extreme Shock would go allot further for an attorney than Gold Dot, why give them that ammo (pun intended). Again; just my opinion...

+1 on having to defend onesself in court for a shooting. If you do a search for fang face or extreme shock u may find more discussions.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reicher View Post
    I $40 for twenty .40 cal, and $30 for twenty .38. At about $2 a pop it should stop a freight train.
    ]
    Believe I'll pass.

The product cannot do as it claims. I would pass on it for a number of reasons.

Reicher,
    If you gain any one thing from this it should be that never impulse buy the latest, greatest, hottest, fastest anything from a store salesman. The item will still be available tomorrow. Come home and do some internet research before you purchase and don't trust the manufacturer's web site for solid testimonials. It's one of the reasons I hate going to gun shows because if you see something your unfamiliar with, there isn't always time to go home and do some research and you have to make a spur of the minute decision.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

For that price these rounds should have an explosive charge in the slug. The price is not realistic. Hogs are not that hard to kill.

I'll stick with HST 50 rounds for about .50 ea
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Why pay those kind of prices? For $23-27 you can buy a box of 50 Federal HST.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links