Is this good ammo for my Glock 19

This is a discussion on Is this good ammo for my Glock 19 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if this is worth buying??? It will come out to about 20 cents per round after shipping.... Go or no go? Its ...

Thread: Is this good ammo for my Glock 19

Does anyone know if this is worth buying??? It will come out to about 20 cents per round after shipping.... Go or no go? Its for my Glock 19 -- is this ammo ok for my glock... I have never used steel cased ammo before.

Barnaul 9mm Mil-Spec. 115gr. FMJ Ammo. This ammo is steel cased, berdan primed and 100% non-corrosive. It is Manufactrued by CJSC Barnaul Tool Machine Plant in Russia. This ammo comes packed in 40rd. military paper packs sealed in a 1440rd. spam can. Thanks all!

It may be fine but I wouldn't use it in my glocks. I would stick to wwb,pmc etc. YMMV
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I've shot steel cased ammo in my guns before and I never had a problem,brass cased ammo is better for them as brass is softer than steel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I wouldn't use it in any of my Glocks. Only firearm I have that sees steel cased ammo is my AK47.

i don't like steel case ammo. but there are lots around that does. i guest it will work and be ok.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Called Glock and they recommended that I dont use it. So no cheap commie ammo for Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SnubMan View Post
    Called Glock and they recommended that I dont use it. So no cheap commie ammo for Glocks.
    Well, sometimes it's best to go to the source...that way you filter out general opinions. I will say this though....as much as I go to my local range, I seldom ever see any steel cased pistol ammo other than the occasional 45acp. Most I find are .223 and 7.62x39. Plenty of surplus ammo out there for almost any caliber now. The big question is...is it worth the savings in the long run? Possible miss-feeds, possible higher pressures, etc........ One may also realize that there is a good market for once fired brass cases now like never before. Reloaders are more than happy to find bargains as well, so I recycle mine and sell very reasonable simply to regain some of the cost of factory new brass cased ammunition that seldom gives me or my pistols any problems while saving wear and tear on them as well. Some times I recover little more than shipping costs but maybe another box of ammo out of several hundred casings, but it's sort of giving back to the cause in a way....if I can't use it, someone else can. Buy new factory brass cased ammo for your Glock, and save the fired cases. Reloaders/buyers generally like to buy 500+ at one time, and when I use the USPS bulk rate boxes, I can send an average of 1000 cases for around $11 no matter what the weight so long as they all fit in the box. Just ask some of the satisfied forum members that have bought my brass just how cheap I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, sometimes it's best to go to the source...that way you filter out general opinions. I will say this though....as much as I go to my local range, I seldom ever see any steel cased pistol ammo other than the occasional 45acp. Most I find are .223 and 7.62x39. Plenty of surplus ammo out there for almost any caliber now. The big question is...is it worth the savings in the long run? Possible miss-feeds, possible higher pressures, etc........ One may also realize that there is a good market for once fired brass cases now like never before. Reloaders are more than happy to find bargains as well, so I recycle mine and sell very reasonable simply to regain some of the cost of factory new brass cased ammunition that seldom gives me or my pistols any problems while saving wear and tear on them as well. Some times I recover little more than shipping costs but maybe another box of ammo out of several hundred casings, but it's sort of giving back to the cause in a way....if I can't use it, someone else can. Buy new factory brass cased ammo for your Glock, and save the fired cases. Reloaders/buyers generally like to buy 500+ at one time, and when I use the USPS bulk rate boxes, I can send an average of 1000 cases for around $11 no matter what the weight so long as they all fit in the box. Just ask some of the satisfied forum members that have bought my brass just how cheap I can be.
    Yeah I totally agree.... I like the idea of helping others out especially with the heighten chances of rough times approaching for all of us gun owners. Where you post to put your brass up for ppl. who want it?

Quote Originally Posted by SnubMan View Post
    Yeah I totally agree.... I like the idea of helping others out especially with the heighten chances of rough times approaching for all of us gun owners. Where you post to put your brass up for ppl. who want it?
    Well, usually those looking for once fired, clean brass will post first. You can always post in the buy/sell/trade forums though. I've pretty much already made contacts through several forums, and all I need to do is let them know when I have the amount or caliber they are looking for. I was previously depriming and tumbling my used cases and bagging them up in 100ct ziplocs and taking them to my local gun shop and getting credit toward my purchases of new ammo. Now I just don't need to go through all that hassle.

To the OP -- looks like you've already got your answer but I'll chime in with some others here in that I don't put any steel case ammo through my pistols. I bought some steel case 223 for my AR, but even it isn't for everyday use as I bought it strictly for SHTF stockpile.

Ram Rod -- It's amazing the number of people who shoot reloadable ammo and don't pick up the brass to sell even if they don't reload. My shooting buddy goes to a public range 3-4 times a week and always comes home with at least 50 more empties than he went with. The other day, two guys were shooting next to him and left close to 500 rounds of a combination of 9mm, 40 S&W and 223 on the ground. He was in Hog Heaven.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    For practice purposes, Walmart has 100 packs of Winchester White Box 9mm (called WWB around here) for around 20$ a box, or Blazer brass 9mm 50 for $10. That works out to about the same cost (.20 cents each) as your steel Russian surplus, but is USA made and as others have posted, the cases are reloadable.

Due to the recent bulk buying of ammo it might be out of stock at the moment, but I expect it to return in a few weeks.

check out this site, enter your zip, do a search for what you want and sort by clicking "cost per round"

gun-deals.com - Unbiased Gun Deals

Just bought another walmart out of their remaining 9mm (Blazer and WWB)

Sponsored Links