Impressed by Sellier & Bellot .45 FMJ

This is a discussion on Impressed by Sellier & Bellot .45 FMJ within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fellow DCers, I had seen several posts citicizing Sellier & Bellot ammo so I never got any. Yesterday at the range, it was all they ...

Thread: Impressed by Sellier & Bellot .45 FMJ

Impressed by Sellier & Bellot .45 FMJ

Fellow DCers,

I had seen several posts citicizing Sellier & Bellot ammo so I never got any. Yesterday at the range, it was all they have so I decided to give it a try.
    Shot 200 rounds and I was very impressed. The recoil was stout, similar to my SD ammo (and I carry +P HSTs). Definitely a lot stronger than the regular WWB and Blazer Brass that I WAS (past tense) being able to get al Walmart. They obviously have a stonger charge.
    The rounds were very accurate and extremely clean.

It looks like the brass would be grat to reload also. By the way things are going, it seems obvious that I'm going to have to start reloading if I want to maintain my shooting hobby, so I'm saving all my brass. I saw another post that spoke about Berdan primers on S&B. Are all S&B rouns Berdan? Because that would make it impossible for me to reload.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    No.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

.45 ACP is a great cartridge to reload. I used (2 decades ago) to shoot a lot of local IPSC and I often would fire 500 to 1,000 rounds/week during the season. I went around to local auto repair shops and gathered used wheel weights (for free) to melt my own bullets. My total cost per round was about 4 cents as I only had to pay for primer and powder.

It's 20 years later and I still shoot off some of those reloads. I have never had one failure.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by glock45 View Post
    Fellow DCers,

I had seen several posts citicizing Sellier & Bellot ammo so I never got any. Yesterday at the range, it was all they have so I decided to give it a try.
    Shot 200 rounds and I was very impressed. The recoil was stout, similar to my SD ammo (and I carry +P HSTs). Definitely a lot stronger than the regular WWB and Blazer Brass that I WAS (past tense) being able to get al Walmart. They obviously have a stonger charge.
    The rounds were very accurate and extremely clean.

It looks like the brass would be grat to reload also. By the way things are going, it seems obvious that I'm going to have to start reloading if I want to maintain my shooting hobby, so I'm saving all my brass. I saw another post that spoke about Berdan primers on S&B. Are all S&B rouns Berdan? Because that would make it impossible for me to reload.
    I was looking at buying some S&B and some are boxer primed w/ brass cases ans some are berdan primer w/ steel cases.

VIP Member
    Get the brass boxer primed. Berdan and steel? Two strikes. Trying to reload them? Three strikes!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Links