.40 CorBon

.40 CorBon

This is a discussion on .40 CorBon within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any one out there tried this yet. I'm shooting a Glock 21, seems like their are severial places to get the barrel for it and ...

Thread: .40 CorBon

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

.400 CorBon

Any one out there tried this yet. I'm shooting a Glock 21, seems like their are severial places to get the barrel for it and it's supposed to be in most cases just a barrel swap, use the same mags and go on down the road. A little pricy, but against CorBon's other ammo, It spanks a .357 and edges out the 10mm in speed and energy. The 1911 seems to be the most readily available coversions, but then when speaking of .45, when is the 1911 not.

Just wanted to see what if any first hand trials might be out there.

Last edited by 4my sons; February 8th, 2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: wrong title
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Actually corbon has down loaded it now and loaded the 10mm hotter .. its really nothing special pain in the but to load for and really gives ya nothing for your hassle

i was excited about the .400 corbon, but like bud says the 10mm is hotter now. if you want more from your .45, look into ".45 super". 230 grains moving at 1250 fps makes for one mean ".45 magnum" round. all thats needed is a barrel and buffer spring upgrade for a typical 1911. if you own an hk usp .45 it can handle the .45 super out of the box (hk recommends changing your buffer springs every 3000 rounds of .45 super).

I also thought about a .400 corbon conversion for my Ruger 97. I found that it won't do anything That my 10mm does'nt do already. As far as .45 Super conversion I give that one 2 Thumbs up. I am looking at that as the way to go for my Ruger.

Only problem with 45 supers was availability since corbon wasn't making it ..

I don't know if they do now or not but that is one thought also not barely any data from the big powder firms so hard to load for it

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I'd save my money a while longer and get a GLOCK 20 and some DT loads for kicks if it were me....
    that way you got "twins"....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak
    I'd save my money a while longer and get a GLOCK 20 and some DT loads for kicks if it were me....
    that way you got "twins"....

i agree to that

im really pleased with my glock 31, but my hands arent big enough for a glock 20 (comfortably, anyway). im waiting on springfield to release an xd in 10mm, which i feel is inevitable.

despite its rarity, .45 super is catching on up here. i was informed that one of my local gun stores will carry it, though i havent seen it on the shelves just yet. an hk usp .45 loaded with .45 super is some serious firepower. not that the .45 acp isnt serious......but its not a .45 super.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    im really pleased with my glock 31, but my hands arent big enough for a glock 20 (comfortably, anyway). im waiting on springfield to release an xd in 10mm, which i feel is inevitable.

despite its rarity, .45 super is catching on up here. i was informed that one of my local gun stores will carry it, though i havent seen it on the shelves just yet. an hk usp .45 loaded with .45 super is some serious firepower. not that the .45 acp isnt serious......but its not a .45 super.
    im surprised i really thought 45 super was dead ya never see anything about it..

Springfield brings out a XD10mm i will have one

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If you want something hotter than a Super,take a look at .460 Rowland.(Clark Custom) ---------

Sponsored Links