.380 Ammo Availability - Page 2

.380 Ammo Availability

This is a discussion on .380 Ammo Availability within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in a local gun shop this morning and saw, wonder of wonders, that they had plenty of Magtech .380! It's out there; apparently ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .380 Ammo Availability

EW3
    I was in a local gun shop this morning and saw, wonder of wonders, that they had plenty of Magtech .380! It's out there; apparently just not at any Walmart in the country.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    You'll have no problem selling that! Shipping is usually via UPS Ground, from a UPS Hub, as UPS Stores WILL NOT accept it. (NEVER USPS!) and make sure it's securely packed and you have "ORM-D Cartidges, Small Arms" labels on the outside of the box. You can do a search for the label online and just print your own.
    EW3

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the ORM-D... label off the web.

I finally found some, just ordered 3 boxes online, and I feel like it was a pretty good deal at $15.99.
    NRA Member

Double Tap Ammo has .380 ammo in stock. I just bought 100 rounds of Double Tap 90 gr. Gold Dot's in .380. They also had plenty of FMJ's and other JHP's.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Double Tap Ammo has .380 ammo in stock. I just bought 100 rounds of Double Tap 90 gr. Gold Dot's in .380. They also had plenty of FMJ's and other JHP's.
    $30 for 50 rds. of FMJ? Remind me not to shop with them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstafoo1 View Post
    I finally found some, just ordered 3 boxes online, and I feel like it was a pretty good deal at $15.99.
    Where did you find them at online? I just got a P3AT today and had to pay a buck a bullet for the last 40 the store had, not even enough to break in my gun...

but at least I was able to find a gun...

although without bullets, I don't know how good they are...

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    From what I've been heard, there is a national shortage of .380 FMJ right now. The .380 is made on the same line as the 9mm Para, and since the ammo makers are able to sell it as fast as they crank it out, they are unwilling to stop to switch over to .380

This coupled with the sudden explosion of pocket .380s on the market has led to .380 becoming very scarce. I used to be able to walk into the 3 Walmarts in my area and walk out with several 100 round boxes WWB of .380, but all they have are bare shelves now.
    Bingo!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Lucked up and found 200 rounds and when I went to get it grabbed a lcp at the local pawn shop.

Thumbs down Come on people...

I just went to a very popular online gun vendor that recently started a online auction section. Won't mention and buding names but you can figure it out. There is a box of Winchester white box 380 round nose currently at 48.00 dollars... I mean come on people... We are fueling our own dang fire. Not even for the best box of hornady taps in 380 would I spend that kinda money. Were building our own gun ban because no one will be able to afford to shoot as long as it is 48 bucks for a box of cheap practice plinkers. I had to pay 20 bucks for a box of pmc the other day but it was jhp and it a block of 50 so not bad I suppose.
    Last edited by Delcorbett; May 11th, 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Type faster then I think... lol

Quote Originally Posted by JimH58 View Post
    I got my order of 380 and 9mm today. It was about 5 weeks since the date of the order to Georgia Arms which is what their estimate was. It was my first order with them so it was a small test order. I got 50 rounds of 380 for $13.50 and another 50 rounds of 9mm for $12.00. I shot the 50 rounds of 380 today with no problems and I still have about 200 rounds of other ammo left in 380. I think I am going to place another order of 1000 rounds of 380 with them this week. The price is $260.00 for 95gr FMJ. With the scarcity of 380 even if you have to wait five weeks it may not be bad.
    Crap, yall actually shooting your 380 ammo? If I can find it, It aint gettin shot.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

The search continues lol.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links