.380 Ammo Availability

This is a discussion on .380 Ammo Availability within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody know where to get some .380? I can't find it anywhere. Guy at the gunstore said there is none available nationwide. Seems hard to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .380 Ammo Availability

.380 Ammo Availability

Anybody know where to get some .380? I can't find it anywhere. Guy at the gunstore said there is none available nationwide. Seems hard to believe but is definitely the case in my area.

2. Remove Ads

We have been getting Independence and CCI Blazer by the case at the gunshop where I work. No harder to get than any other caliber.

Can you tell me the distributor that has it? Jerry's Sports (my usual source of ammo) doesn't have it from any manufacturer and hasn't had it for some time.

Randy

Georgia Arms will have it but will take from 5 to 7 weeks to deliver.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    i have some...but it's not much. maybe 100 rds? i don't have a .380 anymore, so if anyone wants it...PM me. we can work out a deal.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Wal-Mart for WWB 100 count box.
    NRA Member

in southeast tennessee most of the gun stores has it. i was in a store yesterday and they has 10 boxes at 16.99 a box. might go and get some.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by hardlivin View Post
    Anybody know where to get some .380? I can't find it anywhere. Guy at the gunstore said there is none available nationwide. Seems hard to believe but is definitely the case in my area.
    I got my order of 380 and 9mm today. It was about 5 weeks since the date of the order to Georgia Arms which is what their estimate was. It was my first order with them so it was a small test order. I got 50 rounds of 380 for $13.50 and another 50 rounds of 9mm for $12.00. I shot the 50 rounds of 380 today with no problems and I still have about 200 rounds of other ammo left in 380. I think I am going to place another order of 1000 rounds of 380 with them this week. The price is $260.00 for 95gr FMJ. With the scarcity of 380 even if you have to wait five weeks it may not be bad.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Holy Cow. Just checked Midway... 3 pages of "out of stock" .380 ammo. Not one brand in stock.

I just bought my Ruger LCP yesterday and was disappointed I could only get one box of .380 (the last they had) to try out on my new gun.

25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 90 gr. FTX. Which functioned flawlessly in the LCP.

On the way to the range we stopped at another store to check and they were totally out of .380 as well.

I hope this isn't indicative of things to come from "The New White House".

BTW the 25 rd box of Hornady Critical Defense was $18 OUCH!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've been looking for the Hornady Critical Defense and can't find it anywhere. I would like to get a couple of boxes to see how they do with my LCP.
    NRA Member

EW3
    From what I've been heard, there is a national shortage of .380 FMJ right now. The .380 is made on the same line as the 9mm Para, and since the ammo makers are able to sell it as fast as they crank it out, they are unwilling to stop to switch over to .380

This coupled with the sudden explosion of pocket .380s on the market has led to .380 becoming very scarce. I used to be able to walk into the 3 Walmarts in my area and walk out with several 100 round boxes WWB of .380, but all they have are bare shelves now.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be losing my pistol license with no idea on how long it might take to get it back (the sorted details are given in another thread). I've got 700 rounds of 95gr. 380 (200 American Eagle, 250 Magtech and 250 Fiocchi all purchased in the last year) that will be gather dust until NYS decides to join the rest of the Union (snowballs chance in hell). If you're interested send me a PM and lets see if we can work something out.

BTW, I have no idea what the laws are with respect to a private sale and shipping of ammo so someone will have to educate me.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be losing my pistol license with no idea on how long it might take to get it back (the sorted details are given in another thread). I've got 700 rounds of 95gr. 380 (200 American Eagle, 250 Magtech and 250 Fiocchi all purchased in the last year) that will be gather dust until NYS decides to join the rest of the Union (snowballs chance in hell). If you're interested send me a PM and lets see if we can work something out.

BTW, I have no idea what the laws are with respect to a private sale and shipping of ammo so someone will have to educate me.
    You'll have no problem selling that! Shipping is usually via UPS Ground, from a UPS Hub, as UPS Stores WILL NOT accept it. (NEVER USPS!) and make sure it's securely packed and you have "ORM-D Cartidges, Small Arms" labels on the outside of the box. You can do a search for the label online and just print your own.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Here in NC I've found my 380 ammo recently at Dick's in Greensboro & Wilmington.

I just recently purchased a Ruger LCP and got 2 boxes of Cor Bon 90gr. JHP .380 at Cabelas in Kansas City. They had 5 boxes left, plus 10 boxes of Magtech First Defense 77gr. all copper hollowpoint. I sure hope that the .380 ammo situation improves before summer.
    God bless our troops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links