Hst ammo

This is a discussion on Hst ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ya, just keep your ammo dry mainly....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Hst ammo

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array stormbringerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    2,203
    ya, just keep your ammo dry mainly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array aus71383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,543
    I got a thousand rounds of HST in .45 a month or so ago. Got it from ammotogo - in the past I've always gotten my HST from Streichers - you might check them out.

    The point of having hundreds of rounds of ammo on hand is so you don't run out anytime soon. Plus I have a bunch of magazines and I don't like seeing them empty - its a waste of space.

    Austin

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array nedrgr21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
    If only there was a reliable source for HST - if only (he says sarcastically)....................
    Just got two boxes of 180 gr .40 - to my door in 4 days.

    Thanks.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array stormbringerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    I got a thousand rounds of HST in .45 a month or so ago. Got it from ammotogo - in the past I've always gotten my HST from Streichers - you might check them out.

    The point of having hundreds of rounds of ammo on hand is so you don't run out anytime soon. Plus I have a bunch of magazines and I don't like seeing them empty - its a waste of space.

    Austin
    the point of lots of ammo is also for times like these.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

  6. #20
    Member Array deviceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West TX
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Good thing I didn't bury it in the yard.
    Err....or maybe a good thing you don't live near water.

  7. #21
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,234
    Originally Posted by atctimmy
    Ammo doesn't got bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by deviceman View Post
    Sure it does, especially if it isn't stored properly. Ideally you would want a moisture free environment with a consistent temperature.
    Boy, you sure told me. I guess I'll have to throw out all that WWII 30-06 ammo I've been shooting lately. It must have gone bad and I hadn't noticed.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

  8. #22
    Member Array deviceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West TX
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Boy, you sure told me. I guess I'll have to throw out all that WWII 30-06 ammo I've been shooting lately. It must have gone bad and I hadn't noticed.
    It's entirely possible that you don't have a humidity problem in your man cave. Some of you people act like you've never been told (or read) that humidity can degrade ammo.

  9. #23
    Member Array TDSUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire via Arizona
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    . As we all know, this stuff isn't easy to find.
    Depends on where you looking doesnt it..............

  10. #24
    Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
    Depends on where you looking doesnt it..............
    Yeah, before my last HST buy I had been watching (and calling some) ATG, TDS and Streichers everyday. ATG has been my go to source in the past and the day I checked a few weeks ago, they were the only place with the 147g HST. I'd buy from the other sources also if they were the lucky ones to have it in my time of need.

  11. #25
    Member Array paratroop23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Yeah, before my last HST buy I had been watching (and calling some) ATG, TDS and Streichers everyday. ATG has been my go to source in the past and the day I checked a few weeks ago, they were the only place with the 147g HST. I'd buy from the other sources also if they were the lucky ones to have it in my time of need.
    Wow that must have been quick, I haven't seen any 9mm HSTs on ATG for a couple of months! Especially the 147 gr! I scooped up some 124gr +p before I deployed! I should have picked up more!

  12. #26
    Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by paratroop23 View Post
    Wow that must have been quick, I haven't seen any 9mm HSTs on ATG for a couple of months! Especially the 147 gr! I scooped up some 124gr +p before I deployed! I should have picked up more!
    Yeah, keep an eye on all three sources (and and other you may have) everyday. I was shocked myself when I checked ATG and the 147g was there. I didn't waste any time scooping some up. It was ordered and on my doorstep within 8 days. Picked up some Federal LE 00 12ga at the same time.

    Good luck in your search.

  13. #27
    New Member Array Auxiliaryjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I switched to Ranger Talon but still have a couple boxes of 45+P 230 HST

    Wanna let it go?

  14. #28
    Senior Member Array BamaSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    the point of lots of ammo is also for times like these.
    No kidding on that point. Purpose of the 2nd amendment is to secure the rest.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ammo vs Ammo: Win. 147gr -Hornady Critical Defense
    By Saltybob2 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM
  2. WTT (MS only): 10mm & .357Sig ammo for .45ACP ammo...
    By TheGreatGonzo in forum Member Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
  3. Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!
    By swift in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 05:55 PM
  4. dedicated magazines for carry ammo and range ammo?
    By Chris17404 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: December 21st, 2006, 08:37 AM
  5. An Old Revolver With Old Ammo: The H&R 629 and Federal Champion Target Ammo
    By Joshua M. Smith in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM

Search tags for this page

45 hst ammo cost
,

hst ammo

,
hst defensive ammo
,
ww2 30-06 ammo gone bad
Click on a term to search for related topics.