Best online ammo store?

This is a discussion on Best online ammo store? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How about one of the sponsors of this site? I just got my .40 Ranger "Talons" from Tactical Defense Solutions today. They have a good ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best online ammo store?

How about one of the sponsors of this site? I just got my .40 Ranger "Talons" from Tactical Defense Solutions today. They have a good selection of LEO ammo, you just have to keep checking. One day something is out of stock, the next day it is in.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    A lot of the online companies are having supply problems, just as everyone else. Walmart is fine for a box or 2 of WWB. But for larger quantities, or defensive ammo, I prefer to buy online. The best advice is to check multiple sites, and compare. As noted previously, some sites may be cheaper on one caliber or ammo type, and higher on others. Add shipping charges when you compare, or you may be in for a rude surprise. For me, I've found that Ammoman comes out best, at least when what you want is in stock. Prices are good, and include shipping. The price that you see is to your door, a real plus when budgeting. Eric's service is top notch, and after many orders, I haven't had one complaint or problem. But even given that, I still shop multiple sites before I make a purchase.

ammunitiontogo should have at least 10000 rounds of .22 blazer available. That's the order I placed that was just cancelled on me because I dared to say I wouldn't place another order after he forgot to send on the date promised. A 5 week wait, a promise to ship, a forgotten promise, a comment that I probably wouldn't try to order from him again. That got me a cancelled order and a refund using creative math that off by $34 odd bucks. That's a great way to treat customers. Throw a hissy fit and cheat the customer. Works every time.

I ordered from TDS a couple of weeks ago. Good prices and fast shipping. Got the order in 5 days!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Check your local www.backpage.com under sporting goods. You may get lucky.
    Last edited by Chroode; March 27th, 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

I like Sportsman's Guide, but they are out of my needs right now.

You can try this site. gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals Users list prices they find online etc. Sometimes it is helpful. I have used Ammunition to go as well with good luck. I have also used Cabellas. Like everyone said shop the online stores to get a deal.

gunbroker.com its ebay of the gun world

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Got an email from Sportsman Guide today with a variety of ammo on sale and in stock.

.40 S&W 180 gr Remington Golden Saber for $23.27 / box 25,
    .45 ACP 185 gr $17.36 and .45 185 +P was $18.02

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Got an email from Sportsman Guide today with a variety of ammo on sale and in stock.

.40 S&W 180 gr Remington Golden Saber for $23.27 / box 25,
    .45 ACP 185 gr $17.36 and .45 185 +P was $18.02
    I got the same e-mail.

They have a lot of ammo, but it still seems pricey to me. Nearly $600 for 1,000 .223. OMG!

Here is a link to the "sale."

Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by buck6196 View Post
    How about one of the sponsors of this site? I just got my .40 Ranger "Talons" from Tactical Defense Solutions today. They have a good selection of LEO ammo, you just have to keep checking. One day something is out of stock, the next day it is in.

Try Tactical Defense Solutions as mentioned above Tactical Defense Solutions LLC - Specializing in high quality supplies for the critical shooter . They don't have the largest selection, but since ATG has raised their prices on the ammo I purchase, I moved over and ordered some from them, but they'll only allow one box a time for defensive ammo. They're still $1 cheaper after shipping costs than before ATG's price jump for me.

I used to really like doing business with ATG but given their recent price increases, I'll just have to do without.

One company I still have a lot of respect for is Mid-South Shooter's Supply. While they don't have much in stock, what they do have they aren't over charging for. I had been watching and just caught them a few weeks ago with Hornady 32 gr. V-Max 204 Ruger in stock so I bought another case (10 boxes of 20 / 200 rounds total) for my upcoming prairie dog hunt. Price was still $14.67 per box. Very fair in comparison to what I'm seeing in other places.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    ...One company I still have a lot of respect for is Mid-South Shooter's Supply...

Hoss

I actually live less than 2 miles from them and the trucking company I work for is located directly next door to them. They are just as devoted to customer service in person as they are over the phone. Unfortunately, they don't have an actual store you can go in and browse through per se, but they do have some of the best prices in town here.

It's actually not too bad of a deal for the locals either. You call them and place your order for pick up, then in two hours it's ready. So normally I'll place my order before the wife or I are going grocery shopping, and then one of us will swing by there on the way home and pick up our order.

Kind of helps the old bank account that I can't do any impulse buying there too...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

at this time the best is any on line store that has ammo in stock at the normal price.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

LuckyGunner.com is the new sheriff in town

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to weigh in here for anybody looking back at it. In my opinion, no one touches LuckyGunner for price,shipping costs and selection. It's hard to find anyone cheaper in terms of price/round, they have a modern website with lots of filtering/sorting options and their customer service is top notch. I've been using them for months and they're absolutely excellent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links