Defensive Carry banner

Best online ammo store?

42K views 59 replies 54 participants last post by  Scramble4a5 
#1 ·
Looks like i'm finally getting my first 9 mil, an xdm 9 from a dude online. I work all over, so every time i pass a wal mart, i hop in and buy some 40 and 45 ammo if they have any. I've never seen 9mm, but i've never looked for it. Today i went to 4 wal marts in a 30 mile area and got 100 rounds of 40 jhp, 100 rounds of blazer brass 40 fmj, and 100 rounds of 45 jhp. That was at the last wally world i tried. No one had any 9mm to speak of. So where is a good place to get it online?

#2 ·
Here's a couple members like;

Ammo, Ammunition, Rifle Ammunition, 9mm Ammo, Military Surplus

Ammo - Natchez Shooters Supplies

AMMOMAN.COM - d/b/a Discount Distributors ( Wholesale Ammunition Direct to the PUBLIC ! )

I've dealt with Eric @ Ammoman about 3 times and his service and shipping is top notch. If his website says he is out of stock, drop him a line. If he's low on a certain caliber, (4 or 5 cases), he will often mark it sold out on his site because he could easily sell a dozen cases through the website overnight.

#4 ·
Keep Trying WalMart.
It is by far the least expensive when you can get what you need.

Where I shoot as a member, we are now limited to 100 rounds of target ammo for purchase.

For now they still have a fair enough stock but their price continues to rise.

#9 ·
wish i knew what the shipping was going to be before having to fill out all the info. i like the sites that let you configure the shipping. the .22 ammo is $4 more than wally world but at least they have some in stock considering getting the 5000+ rounds
I use the paypal plugin. Auto fills everything, quick and easy.

#7 ·
I have found that prices vary everywhere. One online shop may be cheaper on one caliber, but more on another.

All I can suggest is shop around, and build a bookmark folder for ammunition.

I've started reloading my own .40 and .44 (still need lots of brass for the .44). The only ammo I buy is Mil Surp 7.62x54r, and even that I may start reloading if I can find brass for less than $.50 per. At least I can find pulled bullets for it.

#8 ·
I have ordered from Cabelas, Natchez, Midway USA, and Georgia Arms. They all have good service. I like Natchez for both price and service. As with everybody these days they are all sold out. I just recieved an order from Georgia Arms that took 5 weeks. They are saying just that 5-7weeks for delivery. Georgia Arms will get it to you but it will take longer. I will probably place another order with them and by the time I get it I will need it.

#10 ·
I have had good experiences with:

https://surplusammo.com/

The only downside is that he is out somewhere in the NW US and that it takes like 4-5 days for UPS to transport to TX and costs a few more dollars on shipping.

There were PMC and independence 9mm in stock about a week ago but it is sold out ATM.

Right now the best price I have found for 9mm in my ammo www folder is:

Dan's Sporting Goods Ammo Page

$200 for 1k fiocchi 9mm

9mm, 115 gr FMJ, Case of 1000 rd. $199.99 115 gr. FMJ Case 1,250fps. 1,000 rds case. 20 boxes

But I have never purchased from dansamo so I cannot say anything about the store one way or the other.

#12 ·
+1 on ATG

They are really good, wide selection (not as wide as Before Obama, though) and shipping is relatively fast. They have to be on their knees every day thanking Dear Leader Obama for what is most likely a 1000% increase in sales!

#14 ·
Man, I just went onto ATG's website and the pickings are getting really slim. ZERO .380 in FMJ or HP, and very few choices of 9mm of any kind, compared to just a few weeks ago.

I'm glad I picked up that case of 9mm myself a few weeks back. It's getting really crazy.

#15 ·
yeah, I can't drop a whole lot on ammo right now. But I'm currently doing a buy at least one box for target per week whether I shoot or not. I suppose I should try to grab some hollow point if I can find any.

#26 ·
#17 ·
A lot of the online companies are having supply problems, just as everyone else. Walmart is fine for a box or 2 of WWB. But for larger quantities, or defensive ammo, I prefer to buy online. The best advice is to check multiple sites, and compare. As noted previously, some sites may be cheaper on one caliber or ammo type, and higher on others. Add shipping charges when you compare, or you may be in for a rude surprise. For me, I've found that Ammoman comes out best, at least when what you want is in stock. Prices are good, and include shipping. The price that you see is to your door, a real plus when budgeting. Eric's service is top notch, and after many orders, I haven't had one complaint or problem. But even given that, I still shop multiple sites before I make a purchase.

#18 ·
ammunitiontogo should have at least 10000 rounds of .22 blazer available. That's the order I placed that was just cancelled on me because I dared to say I wouldn't place another order after he forgot to send on the date promised. A 5 week wait, a promise to ship, a forgotten promise, a comment that I probably wouldn't try to order from him again. That got me a cancelled order and a refund using creative math that off by $34 odd bucks. That's a great way to treat customers. Throw a hissy fit and cheat the customer. Works every time.

#25 ·
#27 ·
I used to really like doing business with ATG but given their recent price increases, I'll just have to do without.

One company I still have a lot of respect for is Mid-South Shooter's Supply. While they don't have much in stock, what they do have they aren't over charging for. I had been watching and just caught them a few weeks ago with Hornady 32 gr. V-Max 204 Ruger in stock so I bought another case (10 boxes of 20 / 200 rounds total) for my upcoming prairie dog hunt. Price was still $14.67 per box. Very fair in comparison to what I'm seeing in other places.

Hoss

#28 ·
...One company I still have a lot of respect for is Mid-South Shooter's Supply...

Hoss

I actually live less than 2 miles from them and the trucking company I work for is located directly next door to them. They are just as devoted to customer service in person as they are over the phone. Unfortunately, they don't have an actual store you can go in and browse through per se, but they do have some of the best prices in town here.

It's actually not too bad of a deal for the locals either. You call them and place your order for pick up, then in two hours it's ready. So normally I'll place my order before the wife or I are going grocery shopping, and then one of us will swing by there on the way home and pick up our order.

Kind of helps the old bank account that I can't do any impulse buying there too... :image035:

#30 ·
LuckyGunner.com is the new sheriff in town

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to weigh in here for anybody looking back at it. In my opinion, no one touches LuckyGunner for price,shipping costs and selection. It's hard to find anyone cheaper in terms of price/round, they have a modern website with lots of filtering/sorting options and their customer service is top notch. I've been using them for months and they're absolutely excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.