357 Sig - Page 2

357 Sig

This is a discussion on 357 Sig within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by scottc I was looking at a website that said a 90 gr 357 sig travels at 1715 fps. Anyone else see that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 357 Sig

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    I was looking at a website that said a 90 gr 357 sig travels at 1715 fps. Anyone else see that or know if that is true. I am pretty much set on a Glock 32 but was curious about this info.
    I even have some RCBD frangible for my G32 that is a 60 gr at 2410 fps (774 ft-lbs of energy). I don't carry this and just use it for fun but when I fire this off at the range, everyone backs up and comes to look. Any bullet leaving a pistol at that kind of speed has a distinctive sound, kinda like a rifle. I can only imagine what an attorney after your butt would do if he knew you used ammo like that, even on scum of the earth.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Congrats on your wife's new gun. My only CCW piece is a Sig Sauer P-226 in .357 SIG. I'm not trying to sound like a macho man, but I don't quite feel the recoil some people comment about. I think the .357 SIG round pushes back into your hand, while the .40 S&W or 9mm snaps the barrel up towards your nose. I feel like a wuss when I shoot my friend's XD-40 after shooting my .357 SIG. The think the SIG has going for it in my opinion is penetration, muzzle energy, range, and accuracy. Besides the price, I have no complaints about it. I load Winchester Ranger T's in mine FYI.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

I started with a Browning Hi-Power (.40 S&W) & when I was finished it was a custom C&S .357 SIG Browning Hi-Power. I so much liked the caliber that I then converted a long-slide GLOCK .40 (G24) to a .357 SIG. With a little trigger-tuning & a red-dot sight, it's become my preferred long-distance coyote smacker when I'm out riding the fence-line on my four-wheeler. Yeah, the ammo is a little pricey, but it shoots as flat as I've ever enjoyed from an autoloading centerfire handgun.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links