Lee Ermey praises the .45

This is a discussion on Lee Ermey praises the .45 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lee Ermey praises the .45 YouTube - Pt. 1 " Why Glock?"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Ermey praises the .45

YouTube - Pt. 1 " Why Glock?"

2. Remove Ads

Gee.. Didn't we know this 20 years ago ? Here we go again...
    It takes over 40 muscles to frown. But yet less than 10 to smack the hell outta who makes you frown. Work smarter, not harder......

We knew this almost 100 years ago when we were shooting Moro terrorists in the Phillipines. We were lead down the wrong path by Europeans and NATO who thought collectively we could wound enough Russians to end a conflict.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post

YouTube - Pt. 1 " Why Glock?"

Wasnt he in the rear in Viet nam? Like an aircraft tech or something? I dunno, endorsments from celebrities dont influence me as much as a combat vet or veteran cop.

Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    We were lead down the wrong path by Europeans and NATO who thought collectively we could wound enough Russians to end a conflict.
    Hirtenberger isn't granddad's 9mm. Neither is Corbon. Few fall to SAAMI hardball. Some will to any modern HP. Don't let dogma replace critical thought.

I've carried both the 45 and 9mm over the years. I settled on the 9mm. The 45 is great and some people shoot it really well, I'm not one of those people (and I'm secure enough in my manhood to say so). It's all about shot placement; as an old SEAL friend has said "If I put two in your heart and one through the bridge of your nose you're not really gonna care what caliber it was"
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

I guess we should probably have our troops start to carry the M1 Garande again with the 30.06 round instead of that punny 5.56 that is being used today.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I guess we should probably have our troops start to carry the M1 Garande again with the 30.06 round instead of that punny 5.56 that is being used today.

They are reissuing M14 because the 308 is a better round for what they are doing now than the 5.56 is. AND the last I read, the next sidearm is to be a 45.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

the problem isn't the caliber... it is the round. Ball rounds will not perform as well as the high quality frangible and hollow point rounds that are around today. A 5.56 TAP round will kill almost anyone with one shot to any large mass on thier body, a 5.56 ball round is going to take a fair amount of time to kill unless it gets a direct hit on a vital organ.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    They are reissuing M14 because the 308 is a better round for what they are doing now than the 5.56 is. AND the last I read, the next sidearm is to be a 45.
    I've always wondered why we skipped over Eugene Stoner's original 308 design and settled on the Colt's 5.56. Now I've never shot anyone with either, and hope I never have to, but feral hogs in Texas definitely dropped much quicker when I used my AR-10A2 over my Mini 14. No big surprise to me and if I was fighting for my life, I'd rather have the 308. Guess that is why the AR-10 is still around and a buddy owns my Mini 14.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

If you want to "stop" them, shoot a hollow point. If you want to "kill" them, shoot a ball round.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Huh?
    Statistics say that 80% of all people shot with hollow points survive their wounds. (unless of coarse it's a head shot or through the heart) Ball rounds tear through muscle and bone, if it doesn't kill them on the spot, 90% of the time they will bleed to death regardless of where you shoot them. Hollow points, if they expand properly, will transfer more energy and produce more shock to "STOP" your assailant. If it's a .45 acp. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive so-called "personal defense" ammo, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Statistics say that 80% of all people shot with hollow points survive their wounds. (unless of coarse it's a head shot or through the heart) Ball rounds tear through muscle and bone, if it doesn't kill them on the spot, 90% of the time they will bleed to death regardless of where you shoot them. Hollow points, if they expand properly, will transfer more energy and produce more shock to "STOP" your assailant. If it's a .45 acp. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive so-called "personal defense" ammo, period.

Interesting statistics. These need to be given to all the lawyers that said “He used the evil HOLLOW POINTS because he knew they were more lethal”. I can understand the reasoning. Ball ammo will penetrate more, possibly going thru the target. I am guessing, if it can go thru the target, it will probably be able to reach a vital organ. Now lawyers will say, “He used the evil Ball Ammo because he knew it would not only kill his first target, but pass thru and kill another innocent victim”.

Administrator
    No matter if you agree with what Lee Ermey actually says - He does do a lot of good for RKBA in that tons of Americans who have no real interest and/or just minor curiosity about firearms will watch Ermey.

He is a likable guy and very entertaining and extremely pro military and pro gun.

So you can disagree with Lee Facts & Personal Opinion but, still realize that that the Big Picture is that he does us all tons more good and really no harm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links