ATG has HST in stock for various calibers - Page 2

ATG has HST in stock for various calibers

This is a discussion on ATG has HST in stock for various calibers within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I switched to Ranger Talon after HST prices jumped,got 2 boxes 9mm 2 boxes 45 for about 130.00 shipped...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATG has HST in stock for various calibers

I switched to Ranger Talon after HST prices jumped,got 2 boxes 9mm 2 boxes 45 for about 130.00 shipped
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I can buy the same stuff locally for less even with the tax.

I fear many of these ammo guys are not gonna last. Unless the demand is forcing the price increases. From what Im seeing around here, the demand is falling off.

Hi Shoks here go for $20 for 50 rounds out the door.

I also see they have 500 rounds of Silver Bear 7.62 x 39 for $199.

I just grabbed 1k rounds of Wolf for $300 shipped.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I can buy the same stuff locally for less even with the tax.

I fear many of these ammo guys are not gonna last. Unless the demand is forcing the price increases. From what Im seeing around here, the demand is falling off.

Hi Shoks here go for $20 for 50 rounds out the door.

I also see they have 500 rounds of Silver Bear 7.62 x 39 for $199.

I just grabbed 1k rounds of Wolf for $300 shipped.
    Where do you guys find this SD ammo this cheap?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I wouldnt call the Wolf 7.62 SD ammo just yet LOL

I got that online. I do buy the Hi Shoks locally and it turns out the shop that has em is right in my neighborhood. They feed in the P11 so I use em for carry.

I also keep tabs on the several sites that sell ammo and grab the deals when they are there.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

To bad...I've been a customer of ATG for a while now. That's it for me. Its got to stop.
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    To bad...I've been a customer of ATG for a while now. That's it for me. Its got to stop.
    +1 they would have more of my money.......but NOT for those prices. I have to wonder if a little greed is not setting in?
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing..... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    If thinks keep going the way they are, we will be carrying WWB HP's because that will be all most can afford. I won't be practicing with my stash of Gold Dots much anymore.

Gee..... I wondered if I was crazy for buying what I did in Nov.... now I'm glad I did.

Glad I got some early... 50% is crazy.

It has to go down..............right?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I bought a box simply because they have Golden Saber 230gr for 15.97 a box. Hell of a price. So I just had to get one of those shockingly high HST boxes as well. So I guess that's how I justify it :)

Look into the PoweRBall ammo. I believe Glazer makes it. I will no longer buy HST ammo. I also like the PoweRBall ammo for the fact that it's lighter in weight and that is a big factor for me(Carry wise). I also have taken a liking to Hornaday Critical defense also.. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    I saw the prices that ATG wants for Federal HST's and decided I really don't need them that bad. Hopefully some other company will invent a cartridge just as good or better than HST and at a cheaper cost, competition is the only way to keep the prices under control.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    My wife nearly soiled herself when I bought 200 rounds each of 147 gr 9mm and 230 gr .45 HST's 18 months ago. I saw this coming when we had two major antis running for the Dem presidential nomination. Even at current asking prices they are still cheaper than civilian marketed ammo in 20 count boxes. When that exceeds the cost effectiveness I will carry reloads and not care about liability issues. I'll document my velocities and match factory carry ammo.
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Tried the website today - no .380 acp ammo left.
    God bless our troops!

This sucks!
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    I saw the title and went right over to ATG to order and as soon as I saw the price, forget it.
    Sorry I do not get this line of thinking at all. We spend hundreds even thousands of dollars for the best gun we can afford. Spend thousands of dollars on training. Thousands of dollars on range time and practice ammo. Than load the best gun we can afford with second best ammo to save a few bucks? Can anyone explain that to me?

I suppose some folks figure second best is good enough when their children's and wives lives are on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    I saw the prices that ATG wants for Federal HST's and decided I really don't need them that bad. Hopefully some other company will invent a cartridge just as good or better than HST and at a cheaper cost, competition is the only way to keep the prices under control.
    For years every police department that has tested ammo has concluded HST out performs every other round made. With consistent penetration and expansion no matter what it is shot into or through. So good luck with that.

But hey maybe you are right. Maybe someone will come out with ammo as good that they will sell for less. Maybe you will be able to get some before your baby's life depends on you having the most accurate reliable effective round possible in your gun. If not what is the worst that could happen?

As you lay on your death bed or visit your loved one in the morgue after they have been raped maimed and killed. Will knowing you saved a few bucks on ammo be any consolation?

Sorry I do not get it.

As I have said before all of my research every test and study I have read. Every test I have done personally as proven to me that HST is by far the best ammo available at any price. I'm lucky I loaded up with over a thousand rounds each of HST in .45 and 9mm. Than everyone ran out and was not available at any price. I at least had a couple thousand rounds. Now I am doubling my cache of HST at the current price because when they ran out I realized there may be a time when HST is unavailable at any price. When that times comes I will at least have all I need.

I have no special loyalty to ATG though I have always gotten good service and prices from them. As far as I know their price is the best price there is for HST anywhere. In fact I can not find anyone else that even stocks it at any price. If anyone carries it for less I'd be happy to buy from them instead
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links