Defensive Carry banner

Bullets Vs Plaster

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pgrass101 
#1 ·
I have watched and read plenty of info on different bullets vs drywall and new construction, but what about vs old construction. Plaster and slats. Anyone have some links or suggested material for some info in regards to this?

#2 ·
I haven't seen any info on plaster and slats, but I would suspect that it will offer little more resistance than standard drywall. Have you tried googling the subject? You might try a search on here first and see if it was discussed at an earlier date.

#3 ·
I dont have any technical data supporting this but "lath and plaster" that was used for walls back 50+ yrs ago is typically a cementitious material. Usually consists of a small amount of sand and hardens similar to concrete. I personally think that walls that are built with this product will slow down a bullet much faster than standard drywall. How much? ... no clue.

#4 ·
I did some google searching but did not find much. Last summer we removed a section of wall that was plastered. It sucked to remove comparing to drywall. I fully assume any round fired at the wall will be going right through no problem, but just curious if anyone had done a setup like I have saw with drywall. Might be a good project for one afternoon.

#5 ·
I have plaster walls and I have to drill a pilot hole in order to drive a nail.

I believe that it is much better a slowing down a bullet (I have not shot my walls).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.