Bullets Vs Plaster

Bullets Vs Plaster

This is a discussion on Bullets Vs Plaster within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have watched and read plenty of info on different bullets vs drywall and new construction, but what about vs old construction. Plaster and slats. ...

Bullets Vs Plaster

I have watched and read plenty of info on different bullets vs drywall and new construction, but what about vs old construction. Plaster and slats. Anyone have some links or suggested material for some info in regards to this?
    "we often were subjected to vilification, including an orchestrated set of protests we knew were phony because every nasty letter referred to “you wreckless men.” I thought “wreckless” was funny, but Dave Friedman took some of those letters to the FBI. Human nature can be inhuman." H.G. Lewis

I haven't seen any info on plaster and slats, but I would suspect that it will offer little more resistance than standard drywall. Have you tried googling the subject? You might try a search on here first and see if it was discussed at an earlier date.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I dont have any technical data supporting this but "lath and plaster" that was used for walls back 50+ yrs ago is typically a cementitious material. Usually consists of a small amount of sand and hardens similar to concrete. I personally think that walls that are built with this product will slow down a bullet much faster than standard drywall. How much? ... no clue.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I did some google searching but did not find much. Last summer we removed a section of wall that was plastered. It sucked to remove comparing to drywall. I fully assume any round fired at the wall will be going right through no problem, but just curious if anyone had done a setup like I have saw with drywall. Might be a good project for one afternoon.
    "we often were subjected to vilification, including an orchestrated set of protests we knew were phony because every nasty letter referred to “you wreckless men.” I thought “wreckless” was funny, but Dave Friedman took some of those letters to the FBI. Human nature can be inhuman." H.G. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    I have plaster walls and I have to drill a pilot hole in order to drive a nail.

I believe that it is much better a slowing down a bullet (I have not shot my walls).
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links