Everyone in town is out of 9mm!

This is a discussion on Everyone in town is out of 9mm! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finding the same here in New Zealand as well. Some shops only have like 3 boxes of 9mm FMJ left and are wanting $14 - ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everyone in town is out of 9mm!

Finding the same here in New Zealand as well. Some shops only have like 3 boxes of 9mm FMJ left and are wanting $14 - 18US for it.

Previously (2 months ago) I was getting 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ (brass case) for $11 US. Prices are just going up and up now.

I managed to secure 1000 rounds of 115gr 9mm FMJ today at $14US per 50 rounds (750brass cased and 250 steel cased)

This brings my stockpile to 1700 rounds at home, wondering should I be buying more ?

Heres some more questions

- whats causing the price rises ? is it people stockpiling perhaps ?
    - are we just seeing the beginning of ammo dissapearing altogether ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing

2. Remove Ads

A lot of people are stockpiling worrying about ammo laws and possible gun bans. I'm not really stockpiling as I only have 100rds right now, but my comfort zone on ammo has to be around 500rds in reserve. I'll be shooting here and there, but I won't be running massive amounts of ammo through my pistol until I'm well over that.

So lets say ammo laws and gun bans happened in the USA, does that mean ammo manufacturers would prefer to sell outside of USA ? perhaps cheaper ammo here in NZ ?

Although its harder to get a pistol here and there are laws about where and how we can use them, we dont have much in the way of gun and ammo legislation in the pipe that would change things for us now or in the future.

We (shooters) have a good relationship with the Lawmakers, we follow the rules and they dont bother us with stupid restrictions beyond what we already have.

Im sure 6000 pistol shooters in NZ would chew through alot of 9mm if it was in good supply and a fair price. I would certainly go to the range and shoot 9mm exclusively if it was say $8 US per 50 rounds.
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I've been trying to find 357 SIG in stores for a while now. I already ordered 100rds of Hornady 125gr JHP, but I think I'll have to get my target ammo online as well.

Local Wally-World had 1 box.....I'll buy it and ship it to you for $100.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Local Wally-World had 1 box.....I'll buy it and ship it to you for $100.
    Extortion! Bah!

I think I'm going to start buying some more online. Even if I'm only buying 100-200rds at a time, it's better than none at all!

I saw some at a Cabelas yesterday, if you have a store nearby, you may want to check them out.
    God bless our troops!

Is anyone handloading 9mm? DP has boxes of 1000 in various weights that has got me seriously considering.

Rainier Ballistics Hollow Point Bullets (packages of 1000): Reloading Components

Wife has given me the go-ahead to purchase the next RCBS kit to hit town. This thread confirms that it is time to start taking ammo production into my own hands, so to speak. Any pitfalls you all are aware of to doing so?
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

There are two war fronts going right now. Of course the 9mm is a military round. 5.56 (.223) can be tough to find also.

VIP Member
    MidwayUSA - Advanced Search Rainier 9mm

Repeat after me... Midway is my friend.... Midway is my friend.

I load for 9mm. Rainier are great bullets and you can't go wrong with them for high volume shooting and plinking.

I also shoot Montana Gold and they impressed the heck out of me. I just also placed and order with Precision Bullets and will report sometime in the future.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I was just notifed by Cabela's last night that my order for 500 rounds of MagTech 9mm is on the way. It has been on backorder since early December.

I have bought 2000 rounds through Natchez in the interim - great company with exceptional service. Availability is extremely spotty.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    If you think 9mm is hard to find, just try to find any .38SPL or .357Mag hollowpoints
    The Walmart stores in my area have 9mm and 45ACP on and off, but just ask them for the others and they look at you like you're speaking a foreign language.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I do have about 400 rnds of 9mm 325 practice & 75 carry womt be shooting much PS is 9mm NATO 124grn good for practice?? can get 100 rnds mabey GOOD LUCK H/D

Quote Originally Posted by deviceman View Post
    They need to change their name to Expensive as Heck. They've been profiteering a lot the last couple of months, and there are a lot of us who refuse to do business with them now.
    Indeed! I wont buy even the stuff they actually have good prices on (even though that is extremely rare) because of the way they are doing business.

My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    If you think 9mm is hard to find, just try to find any .38SPL or .357Mag hollowpoints
    The Walmart stores in my area have 9mm and 45ACP on and off, but just ask them for the others and they look at you like you're speaking a foreign language.
    I was surprised to see 357 Mag FMJ even at my local store. I thought I found 357 SIG until I did a double take. Doh! I do have 100rds of Hornady XTP, but now I just need some target ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    I do have about 400 rnds of 9mm 325 practice & 75 carry womt be shooting much PS is 9mm NATO 124grn good for practice?? can get 100 rnds mabey GOOD LUCK H/D
    Are they the Winchesters? They'd be good for target practice if you can pick it up since they're just a FMJ bullet. Supposedly they're in between a standard 9mm load and a +P.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links