Ammo Run

Ammo Run

This is a discussion on Ammo Run within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all. I do not do a lot of posting but I read a lot. I have been seeing all the advice about stock pilling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Run

Ammo Run

Hello all.

I do not do a lot of posting but I read a lot. I have been seeing all the advice about stock pilling ammo and it got me to thinking. So, today I decided to make an AMMO RUN.

I went to every place with in a couple of hours drive today and bought all the .22 lr, 9mm and .44 Magnum I could find. I did not find as much as I wanted, but it will suffice.

I ended up with 2500 .22 lr, 600 9mm, all different types, and 200 .44 magnum. It was kind of funny, As I was checking out at Bass Pro Shops, of all places, I had grabbed the last of their .22 lr bulk, There was a guy in there with his kid looking for some so they could go shooting tomorrow, and all I could thing is, damn…I am sure glad I got there before them!

While I was at a small gun shop I noticed they had a used G17 in the case. The price was good so I picked it up. I also grabbed a few large ammo cans and stopped by the hardware store and got some silicone.

When I got home I spent a couple of hours packing all my ammo and new to me G17 in the ammo cans. I waited till dark, cause all the best things happen after dark, went in the backyard found a suitable place to make my cache and marked it with my gps….Hey you never know when you might have to come back to it and what all could have changed. Then proceeded to dig a 3 feet deep whole to fit my investment.

Now I sit here wanting to Thank all of you for talking me into getting this ammo before we caused the prices of this stuff to go beyond what I could afford .I am now satisfied that I am prepared for when the SHTF.

Good job... I guess.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Hahahaha! I needed a good laugh today.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Only 3 feet? You're going to have to go at least 8 feet so that the satellites will have trouble finding it.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Also you need to mark it on a map. That GPS wont do you any good after an electromagnetic pulse fries anything with integrated circuits!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

So you effectively ruined a new shooters day by not offering the dad a box of 22 so they could shoot tomorrow.

Congrats, hope the dad doesn't get discouraged and not want to teach the little guy at a later date.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    So you effectively ruined a new shooters day by not offering the dad a box of 22 so they could shoot tomorrow.

Congrats, hope the dad doesn't get discouraged and not want to teach the little guy at a later date.
    Wolf...I think this thread is a joke. At least I hope so.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Sometimes burying things aint such a bad idea. I don't think this is one of those times, but to each his own.

Now go to the hardware store tomorrow. Buy about 20 lbs of small washers and spread them throughout the property where you burried your cache. That way even the most determined jackbooted thug with a metal detector will get discouraged and give up looking before he finds your stuff.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Wolf...I think this thread is a joke. At least I hope so.
    I figured it was also, but if it isn't he should be ashamed for keeping a young boy from shooting with his dad.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

WTH?!! lol
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

1943 - 2009
    When I got home I spent a couple of hours packing all my ammo and new to me G17 in the ammo cans. I waited till dark, cause all the best things happen after dark, went in the backyard found a suitable place to make my cache and marked it with my gps….Hey you never know when you might have to come back to it and what all could have changed. Then proceeded to dig a 3 feet deep whole to fit my investment.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Only 3 feet? You're going to have to go at least 8 feet so that the satellites will have trouble finding it.
    Agreed. Also gotta make sure the ground settles right on top of it. Otherwise it would be easy for the Average Joe to see a hole had been dug.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Also you need to mark it on a map. That GPS wont do you any good after an electromagnetic pulse fries anything with integrated circuits!
    Indeed. Always should have a good map of your area with places marked where you have stashed things. But be sure to use code! Also should have all fallout shelters marked along with any other places that offer protection against radiation. Don't forget to stash some MREs too!
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Sometimes burying things aint such a bad idea. I don't think this is one of those times, but to each his own.

Now go to the hardware store tomorrow. Buy about 20 lbs of small washers and spread them throughout the property where you burried your cache. That way even the most determined jackbooted thug with a metal detector will get discouraged and give up looking before he finds your stuff.
    Even better, just buy those super lethal plastic bullets that can't be sensed by a metal detector and put them in a sealed tupperware container and bury that. No one will find them then.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

LOL I hope this is a joke.
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links