Last Visit to Wally World

This is a discussion on Last Visit to Wally World within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I was in route to work I visited the nearby Wal Mart. As usual there was no 9mm ammo. There was a notice attached ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Visit to Wally World

While I was in route to work I visited the nearby Wal Mart. As usual there was no 9mm ammo. There was a notice attached to the glass on the case.

I don't recall the precise wording but I'll paraphrase. As best I can recall there was three, yes three, notices limiting purchases to two (2) cases of ammunition per visit. I'll get the precise wording on the way to work tomorrow.

I've not been to any other WM's in the area yet. I'm hoping that this will not become a WM policy.

The wording on the signs was that, again I'm paraphrasing, that due to people buying excessive amounts of ammunition WM was limiting ammuntion to two (2) boxes per person. I hope that this does not become a general trend among the majority of the WM stores.

Again, I'm sorry for not recalling the precise wording but we may be facing a limit on how much ammo we can buy at Wally World.

More later!
    Last edited by Pikachu711; April 2nd, 2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I am pretty limited on what I can buy locally, they never have any. I think they have employees getting it as it comes off the truck.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I had the same situation the last time I finally did locate a WM with 9mm ammo. The "associate" went back and brought a box of 9mm ammo that was going to be opened later in the day. That day I bought only 500 rounds of ammo. In hindsight I wish I had bought as much as possible under the circumstances.

Now that this 2 cases of ammo per visit may be implemented we may have to get technical with this new policy.

I may have to get "technical" and buy two boxes, leave the store, put the boxes in my truck and return to the store. That "technically" is a new visit to that store. But, I've not tried this approach yet. Hopefully it will go well!
    Glock 26

I wouldn't shop there...certainly a gun shop you 'patronize' would treat you better than that...
    This is why I do most of my business in a single gun shop...I get excellent service!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The Wal-Marts in my area have no ammo worth looking at to begin with.

The Dicks Sporting Goods nearby, just placed an open case of 9mm on the sports counter and it was disappearing when I got my one box. They didn't have any limit, but alas, my funds were limited to just the one box.

It's getting scary out there with this lack of ammo thing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I certainly hope you are right. I don't want to have visit a few stores each day for range ammo. For the time being I'm down to 1,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition.

As I'm typing this email I suddenly realized that I spent so much time looking of ammunition last Friday that I never made it to the range. I just got caught up in the chase for spare ammunition. I really should visit the range this Friday! Practice makes perfect! Well, sorta anyway.
    Glock 26

Never had any of the problems described here at our Wal Mart. I seldom went there but heard about the .223 100 value pack for plinkers. I've bought as many as I wanted and there was more in the case. While I don't buy them at WM, there was also a good stock of 9mm, .45 ACP...

We also have Academy Sports, a regional chain I think. They are always well stocked with most rounds. I buy all my shotgun shells and handgun ammo there. They have never been low on anything; granted I only go maybe once a month.

Best of luck in your quest for Ammo.

Hey Pikachu711, have you lived in Vegas long? I've been going there at least twice a year for the last five. My wife's family lives there. They live in a nice are about 6-8 miles south of the strip, just off LVB about two-three blocks. Each time I've gone I venture further into the city away from the tourist areas. My wife has a huge family and I took her and three of her sisters to an A level mall somewhere right off a major highway, south and east of the strip.

It was Christmas time so it was packed and I noticed an inordinate number of 'hoods' or sort of street punk looking people there. I travel a lot and it seemed a lot seedier than most. What's your take on that?

Nothing against Vegas, I love it. I know all things are everywhere but It seems like every time I visit there's more hard looking angry youth and what not. Everytime I go there's some new development. The last was this high end retail area close to the Fry's off LVB, this outdoor mall thing was huge and only high end stores. I don't know how they expect to lead foreclosures and feed these stores. Maybe they expect that tourist dollar?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. TR

VIP Member
    Are you talking 2 boxes (100 rounds) or 2 cases (1000) at a time? I haven't seen any signs like that at the Wal Mart stores around here.

* On a side note
    I find it ironic how many people will sit and complain they can't find ammo because of people "hoarding" it. Then complain because a store decides to limit quantity a person can purchase at one time, just so others can share when they do get it in stock.
    Kind of a "as long as I get mine, I don't care about the rest of you" attitude.

mkh
    I've hear of a few stores in Florida with a 2 box limit but it doesn't apply at my local Walmart. Most of the time they don't have any ammo to purchases but 2 weeks ago I bought 4 boxes of .40 with no problems.

My last visit to WM was my first. I much prefer a place that treats guns and supplies no differently from basketballs and socks, as it should be. WM can keep the customers it caters to. I'm not that customer.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; April 2nd, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'll be driving by one sat. before I go shooting, Im hopeing to score some ammo... hope they have some, and hope theres not a 2 box limit, guess ill have to change shirts a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Are you talking 2 boxes (100 rounds) or 2 cases (1000) at a time? I haven't seen any signs like that at the Wal Mart stores around here.

* On a side note
    I find it ironic how many people will sit and complain they can't find ammo because of people "hoarding" it. Then complain because a store decides to limit quantity a person can purchase at one time, just so others can share when they do get it in stock.
    Kind of a "as long as I get mine, I don't care about the rest of you" attitude.

+1 Archer

People complain when they can't find ammo because people are hoarding. These same people then complain when the store does something to help prevent the hoarding from happening.

At my local WM there were 5 or 6 guys showing up every single morning at the same time (when the clerks would stock the shelves) and buying up all the handgun ammo the clerks would put out. We're talking several thousand rounds sometimes. The haven't started limiting the amount of ammo you could get, yet. They did get smart and stopped stocking the ammo shelves at the same time everyday. What little ammo they get goes out at random times during the day to give others a chance to get ammo.

The clerk said those 5 or 6 guys were livid, but at least it gives others a chance to get some. Until this hoarding stops I don't have a problem with the stores limiting the amount of ammo you can buy.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    While I was in route to work I visited the nearby Wal Mart. As usual there was no 9mm ammo. There was a notice attached to the glass on the case.

I don't recall the precise wording but I'll paraphrase. As best I can recall there was three, yes three, notices limiting purchases to two (2) cases of ammunition per visit. I'll get the precise wording on the way to work tomorrow.

I've not been to any other WM's in the area yet. I'm hoping that this will not become a WM policy.

The wording on the signs was that, again I'm paraphrasing, that due to people buying excessive amounts of ammunition WM was limiting ammuntion to two (2) boxes per person. I hope that this does not become a general trend among the majority of the WM stores.

Again, I'm sorry for not recalling the precise wording but we may be facing a limit on how much ammo we can buy at Wally World.

More later!
    Saw the same thing here in FL " 2 boxes per person per day"
    Last edited by Bprepared; April 2nd, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling

I saw the same sign in the Apopka Walmart. The sign said 2 boxes but there wasn't any ammo to be had.

At least one of the Walmart stores here limits the amount of ammo one person can buy.
    I am for that. I have heard of retailers buying it all and selling at a higher price. I believe the general public should have the opportunity to buy some. Let more people get a few boxes rather than a few hoarders getting it all.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links