Defensive Carry banner

Georgia Arms

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jimbosyn 
#1 ·
Georgia Arms

I am beginning to look for an on-line source for purchasing ammo in bulk and Georgia Arms “looked” like a good place to consider. The price on their JHP and Gold Dot Hollow Point looked good until I really looked at it.

According to their web site, the numbers for their .45 ACP just does not sound right to me. Their 230gr JHP and 230gr Gold Dot Hollow Point standard pressure loads run at 825fps while the +P loads run at 850fps.

To me this just sounds a bit low.

Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point standard velocity runs at 890fps and even WWB JHP runs at 880fps.

So, to those of you who do, or have, used Georgia Arms:
Am I reading their web sight correctly?
Are these really the numbers for their ammo?

If this is correct then I question whether or not it is worth it, even at their pricing.
No, I have not called them yet, but I will before I place any orders.

Any input or feedback on their product would be appreciated.

Thanks……..

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, they are five minutes away from me.

You are buying reloads which for range work should be ok. If you are looking for SD rounds I would look at factory ammo.

#5 ·
Always call them and ask if it is in stock or intended to be made, they substituted on me when I did not ask the right questions and I was stuck with what I did not want. I called them about it and got the ethnic salute over the phone.

#6 ·
I had some issues with their reloads. Pretty bad setback on a bunch of 40s I purchased from them. For target practice, it may be ok. But I would not use them for SD.

#7 ·
I've purchased from them and had no problems. The canned heat is military brass that they reload in house. The gold dot SD rounds are loaded in their plant, but with new brass. I live on the south side of Atlanta, so I just drive to them instead of having it shipped. I use their Gold Dot and their canned heat FMJ with no failure to feed or eject in my Sigs. From what they told me, they get their gold dot bullets directly from speer.

I personally like the option of being able to afford to practice with my SD carry ammo. JMO though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.