What Happened to all the ammo?

This is a discussion on What Happened to all the ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where did all the ammo go? Wally Worlds shelves are bare, and my local gun shop wont sell me the ammo unless I use the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to all the ammo?

Where did all the ammo go? Wally Worlds shelves are bare, and my local gun shop wont sell me the ammo unless I use the range available. Are people just going nuts or are the ammo manufactures producing less. Its like I cant even practice anymore, I live in ohio and was just wondering if annyone else has a severe shortage on ammunition? Sorry just needed to vent
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Ben Franklin

What part of Ohio are you in? And what gun store won't sell you ammo unless you use their range? Because it sounds like you need a new gun store.

I have found one gun store in Ohio that still has lots of ammo, and isn't charging an arm and leg for it. But down around Cincy all the ammo shelves are rather bare.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Good question, and welcome to the forum

Wally world has been short since before Christmas

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ng-merged.html

There is a thread running here with more info

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I called all over the city trying to find .357 Sig. Everyone was out! I found a gun store that had 6 boxes, but would only sell one per customer. I cant even practice because I dont want to deplete my ammo reserves.

The shortage has been getting worse for months now. From what I understand it's country-wide. Check online and you might get lucky.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The shortages are 100% hoarding by people who are afraid Obama's administration will tax ammo out of existence and gun stores seeking windfall profits. If you look around you will find shortages of reloading supplies and difficulties in finding certain firearms too. Get use to it. Until people calm down, ammo is going to be hard to come by in many places and expensive. Here in Central Florida lots of ammo calibers are hard to fine. It took me two months to find an RCBS 40 S&W die kit.

Obammmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaa will save us. MAYBE.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

I went to a gun show last Friday looking for a die set for .30 carbine. I found one at the show(RCBS) but the guy wanted 80.00 bucks for it! I'm still looking. Hopefully supply will soon catch up with demand.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

Bullets are in such shot supply I'm going to order one of these

Truthfully, I’ll be glad with citizens stop hording bullets.

All the gun stores here are very short on supplies. From time to time, I’ve been lucky and found some at Wally world or online. Our Private range keeps a stock for members only, but they are rather pricy and target pinking ammo only.

My local gun shop has plenty of ammo in every caliber. They're least caliber is 380 but they have lots of 9mm. Reason is because they're limiting 3 boxes per caliber. But they're are an exception! You can find ammo you just need to look for it. I just bought 3 boxes of 380 the other day from this gun shop.

We have ourselves to blame. The panic buying and hoarding started the day Big O got elected. I frequent a couple of gun forums. There is constantly some guy talking about how his Walmart got in 10 cases of .45 and he snagged it all. No mystery really

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    It's hard to even find ammo on line. I tend to buy ammo in bulk by the case, from ammoman.com, or a few other sites. Ammoman, for instance, as of today, Wednesday April 8th, is completely out of 9mm, .40, 45 ACP, 38 special, 7.62 X 39, 22 LR, 12 gauge, with restricted selections of other calibers. While I could use more ammo, at least I have a backup supply of reasonable quantity of most of the calibers that I own. And until i find a job, I don't really have the money to buy much ammo anyway. I'm looking forward to the resoluton of the shortage, and I hope that it comes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    Obammmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaa will save us. MAYBE.
    More like make you save your ammo money because there will be none to shoot
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.magnum View Post
    We have ourselves to blame. The panic buying and hoarding started the day Big O got elected. I frequent a couple of gun forums. There is constantly some guy talking about how his Walmart got in 10 cases of .45 and he snagged it all. No mystery really
    +1

Aren't we supposed to be the level-headed ones? The question we have to ask ourselves, is, the next time we get there and find a shelf full, do we grab all if it, or do we get what we need for the next few weeks?

To be fair, there is also a large influx of new, unconventional gun owners, myself included. Some of those are liberals too.

Picked up 500 rounds of .45 today from the LGS; they had plenty.

Also picked up 200 rounds of 10mm, and a 250 rnd can of Paki .308. Prices weren't insane, but definitely higher than a couple months ago.

About the only caliber they said they have problems getting is .380; which doesn't surprise me a whole bunch, becuase there were maybe 2 ammo dealers at the Tulsa gun show that had .380, and it was going for close $1/round...for FMJ plinkin' ammo.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links